• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sick time at work

KrustyTheKray

President
My mate at work has had a reputed 66 days off in 4 years.

That is some going if you ask me!

Let me say it's not totally legit if you know what i mean, wink-wink!
smile.gif

He's just gone through a spell of having lots of mondays off.

His employers have been really lenient, and just took away his overtime till after Christmas. Thats a good deal if you ask me.
At other place's you'd get the book thrown at you!

Been at Ladbrokes just shy of seven years and have taken two days off. I was actually off for a week, but took the last three days as vac as I only had myself to blame for being off work. (Too much drink, housemate getting in to a fight, intervening, taking a proper whack, getting my head glued back together again)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 14 2006,17:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Nov. 14 2006,16:31)]I think i've had about 7 days off in 7 years...
What do you actuly do for a living smiffy?
pie diagrams.. charts..

analysis..

general monkey work..

unlike me who is a succesful account winner and seller..

and depositer of the realm

??

Three weeks when a 120mm CHARM barrel exploded as we conducted a series of test for the new Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank. I still have a small scar on my left hand to remind me of the day a small shard of ESR steel embedded itself into the palm ...

50 days in one year...
biggrin.gif
I was 18, worked for BR and threatened with the sack.... Come on, I had to start work at 7.30am and that's early after a night of heavy drinking.

Now at 35 I haven't had a sickie for nearly 4 years.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 14 2006,17:27)]Three weeks when a 120mm CHARM barrel exploded as we conducted a series of test for the new Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank. I still have a small scar on my left hand to remind me of the day a small shard of ESR steel embedded itself into the palm ...
Surely a cardboard cut-out would be a better target on which to test a new tank, rather than on your own squaddies?

One guy that worked for me was off for 2yrs and 11 months.. HR were no bloody use when he did return to work - had to do it all on me own

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 14 2006,18:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 14 2006,17:27)]Three weeks when a 120mm CHARM barrel exploded as we conducted a series of test for the new Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank. I still have a small scar on my left hand to remind me of the day a small shard of ESR steel embedded itself into the palm ...
Surely a cardboard cut-out would be a better target on which to test a new tank, rather than on your own squaddies?
laugh.gif

The target was actually a very large grid into which we were firing APFSDS rounds for accuracy ... there was no tank; just the barrel.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Nov. 14 2006,16:21)]My mate at work has had a reputed 66 days off in 4 years.

smile.gif

His employers have been really lenient, and just took away his overtime till after Christmas.  Thats a good deal if you ask me.
Where does your mate work?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Nov. 14 2006,17:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Nov. 14 2006,16:21)]My mate at work has had a reputed 66 days off in 4 years.

smile.gif

His employers have been really lenient, and just took away his overtime till after Christmas.  Thats a good deal if you ask me.
I can't say for legal reasons
biggrin.gif

Might you know him then?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Nov. 14 2006,21:09)]
[b said:
[b said:

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Might you know him then?
Nope I won't know him at all,

but if they're that lenient about taking that many days off, it's a place I'd like to join.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Nov. 14 2006,21:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Nov. 14 2006,21:09)]
[b said:
[b said:

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Might you know him then?
Nope I won't know him at all,

but if they're that lenient about taking that many days off, it's a place I'd like to join.
Yes it's a very lenient place to work.

He's basically taken the pi$$ with the time he's had off, and all he's got is a slap on the wrist, that being an overtime ban till after Christmas.

He's not bothered, as we're all due a loyalty bonus, and Christmas bonus in our next pay day.

66 days off sick though in 4 years,
biggrin.gif

I had over 120 days off in two years at royal mail. I wanted to leave but I knew they'd pay me if I went sick so I went sick for 3 and a half months while they gave me a warning, 2nd warning etc
biggrin.gif

Not good on my cv mind
sad.gif

As an aside, the average Russian has a year off sick (in his lifetime) due to excessive vodka consumption!

Back