• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Signings for next year?

Robbshrimp

Youth Team
Bit early and cant fault how the lads have played this year certainly brillant but is always fun to think about possible signings we could get to improve the squad for next season.

Some thoughts :

Kevin Amankwaah - RB ( Yeovil ) Solid right back who has always impressed me. Would make the step up comfortably imo.
Luke Beckett - CF ( Oldham ) Was ment to sign this season but his family wouldnt move down south, never know situation might have changed.
Rhys Evans - GK ( Swindon ) Chances of him leaving arent good but he is a bit too good for League 2 and could provide excellent cover for Flahaven.
Chrissy Powell - LB ( Charlton ) Contract surely up soon and would love to see him return to finish his career here. Guy is a legend and solid performer, please return Chris!

Ideas thoughts?

Id prefer Vale's keeper Mark Goodlad, who is on a free at the end of the season.

Amankwaah and Powell would solve our Full-back crisis, whilst Jon Ostemobor would be an excellent CB to sign from Crewe. Paul Hayes could be tempted from Barnsley (His family own a Pub in Southend) and an experienced forward like Paul Furlong would be useful as well.

Phil Jevons (ST)
Neil Harris (ST)
Phil Bardsley on loan (FB)
Kevin Mcloud (MF)

We can do so much better than Jevons and Harris. Harris has barely featured in League One this season and Jevons has found his level IMO.

Put Jevons in our team would make him a better player. Do you think Wayne Gray will stay? I think we need two more forwards next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (owen4emma @ April 30 2006,16:04)]Put Jevons in our team would make him a better player. Do you think Wayne Gray will stay? I think we need two more forwards next season.
Don't forget Bradbury is a striker...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ April 30 2006,16:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (owen4emma @ April 30 2006,16:04)]Put Jevons in our team would make him a better player. Do you think Wayne Gray will stay? I think we need two more forwards next season.
Don't forget Bradbury is a striker...
Goater and Gray have to leave imo, obviously Goater by his own acord but Gray seems more content with a reserve place which we dont need...

We'll keep Gray as a squad player i think, but we need another goalscorer to lighten the load for Freddy, a goalscoring midfielder would be helpfull too.

That would make four. I think three in the championship would not be enough. Maybe we can buy an unknown player from abroad. Just like Harry Redknapp.

no, no players from abroad, we need local players, not some unknown missionary players

[b said:
Quote[/b] (owen4emma @ April 30 2006,16:16)]Matt Lockwood LB Scores loads of Pens.
Gotta earn the penaltys in the first place! Plus I can't remember last time we missed 1....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ April 30 2006,16:10)]We'll keep Gray as a squad player i think
Bloody well hope not. We can do FAR better.

I note from the Newspapers today that Jevons is out of contract at the end of the season, which I don't think was very public! Wouldn't bet against him signing at all. Useful player. Byfield is obviously another.

I noticed QPR are having a mass clearout. Georges Santos and Richard Langley have been released, whilst Marc Bircham, Stefan Moore, Tommy Doherty, Ian Evatt, Marcus Bignot and Steve Lomas are all being transfer listed. Now Bircham and Lomas are out of our range I imagine, but what about any of the others? Evatt nearly joined when Newman was in charge, whilst Bignot and Doherty could possibly be useful signings?

Richard Langley would be a good buy. Or we can get more WET HAM rejects and show them why they should of keep them.

QPR are likely to go down next year, which is handy. If Col Ewe come up, there's two teams we will finish above already.

Back