• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Silence

I just wanted to make a comment ..I have been watching sufc since 1977. It is to me like it is to all of us ..part of our make up..it is a love that is ongoing ..and the threat of it being gone is heartbreaking. Stan has I expect made a lot of money from having a wonderful skill and working hard to entertain at his various clubs , I find it touching and heartwarming that he is now working so hard to keep this club where we all want it ..alive ..please Stan ignore the minority who question your endeavours..I admire your stance in not forgetting your roots ..a path that went from Stafford rangers to the heights of Liverpool

The only criticism I could ever make of you Stan is letting the tiny minority of negative fans get to you. The overwhelming majority are fully behind you and appreciating everything you’ve done and are doing. Unfortunately, as it often is, the small minority are the ones who shout the loudest which drowns out the rest of us who either don’t shout as loud, or don’t shout at all. But believe me, you’ve got the backing of the majority.

I just really hope that come March 1st, you and the football department will have your hands untied from behind your backs and allowed to start operating at full potential.

Thank you 💙

Ah but silence is golden !
When we win the playoffs and the open top bus rolls along the seafront, it'll be you aboard it, not Ron. Our chance to appreciate you will come, of that i'm sure.. and appreciate Stan we will. Keep up the good work fella, just like you did when i was a young man, busting your name from my lungs. Every dog has his day mate !

To think ANY other management team wouldve scarpered months ago, you put them together and i cant thank you enough. Supporting SUFC is never, ever, boring and we'll overcome, we always do.

Just out of interest you say Qatar World cup pay you is that direct from Qatar or just a company going by that name, only asking as on your tweet you wrote Qatar should be stripped of the world cup, what changed your opinion ?

Apologies if this was not your twitter answer in March 2014 and someone trying to be you, so many bogus pretends nowadays its hard to know who is who
UTS
He worked at the qatar wc why do people have to dig at everything

The only criticism I could ever make of you Stan is letting the tiny minority of negative fans get to you. The overwhelming majority are fully behind you and appreciating everything you’ve done and are doing. Unfortunately, as it often is, the small minority are the ones who shout the loudest which drowns out the rest of us who either don’t shout as loud, or don’t shout at all. But believe me, you’ve got the backing of the majority.

I just really hope that come March 1st, you and the football department will have your hands untied from behind your backs and allowed to start operating at full potential.

Thank you 💙

Someone said.

You can only please some of the people all of the time
and all of the people some of the time
but you can not please all the people all of the time.

So in other words Stan, FCUK 'EM.

Just out of interest you say Qatar World cup pay you is that direct from Qatar or just a company going by that name, only asking as on your tweet you wrote Qatar should be stripped of the world cup, what changed your opinion ?

Apologies if this was not your twitter answer in March 2014 and someone trying to be you, so many bogus pretends nowadays its hard to know who is who
UTS
Just out of interest...what has this to do with Southend United FC...????

A legend for us on and off the pitch. Keep doing what you do Stan, it really is appreciated by the many sensible supporters here. The sad mindless few have probably played football manager on the computer for too long that they must think they know how to run a football club.

Fantastic words and we all honestly love you but it's all wasted while that self absorbed, arrogant, despicable, thoughtless, destructive, shameless, loathsome cretin is around 🤬

Give us a new owner & a future please, please, please 🙏

UTB 💙

Devils advocao here...... lets assume the club does fold (stay with me here).. we know Ron has turned down offers of help in the past and he's only vision is to have his white elephant at FF.
So, we're left with nothing....or a phoenix club.
Could it be that SVC and his many many contacts have something in place should a phoenix be reality? Or would Stan's connection end?
Unless massive investment arrives, it seems the inevitable will happen...eventually

Just a suggestion.

Many people get angry, dejected and abusive when they feel uninvolved and helpless.

Why not offer such people some sort of volunteer programme whilst the club struggles. E,g Social media posting, helping with the pitch, stadium or car park maintenance,the training or putting on events etc. With the reward of meeting and building relationships with the players or observing injury treatment etc.

At best it could make the youngsters feel involved or even Call their bluff!

Afternoon all, hope everyone is well.

Silence versus verbal diahorrea versus regular communication. Which should I chose?

Well,lately it's been silence. Why? I'll tell you.

There's a lengthy zoom call from before I came to the club outlining what I wanted to do and acheive. Some obviously haven't watched it.

Media. Help Matt and the media team give excellent media content.

Commercial. Help Rhys and Rylee bring in £ and develop better partnerships.

Recruitment. Playing staff and football staff. To ensure ( along with Football Department) we get 80%+ of on pitch decisions right.

Supporters. Regular monthly meetings to keep supporters updated on on field decisions, why and any non sensitive off pitch ( commercial, media, et.) information.

I know the financial picture of the club, future plans , FF, training ground, general overview, but never once have I intimated that my role includes club finances,Chairman's decisions, or privy to legal information on any of his businesses, including Southend United. Not once.

I don't care about any abuse, I just feel sorry for them because like all of us, we crave information that will lead to a safe and healthy club. So if they have to take it out on me, so be it, as long as the staff and players are protected. I'll then remind them some sunny day what I've done and they can write an A4 page of lines "Stan, I apologise, I love you..🤣

So..

Media, the boys can only concentrate on the basics, we have no money to develop content as we'd want. Matt and Co are still doing a great job though, support them.

Supporters. After meeting 1, no more. I think it's fair to say the club have had a "there's no good news so why talk about on pitch or commercial positives ". They have a point although I'm personally disappointed. But I can't do something that the club feel is a bad idea. And I trust Tom Lawrence judgement 100%. When the situation improves, the the things the club can do will improve, including communication in person.

Commercial. Rylee and Rhys are working tirelessly to bring in much needed funds and are. I help where I can and have helped bring in some new business and will host a networking event to engage with more in March.

Football. Hednesford v Coalville for me last Saturday, turning down a lucrative trip to Paris( i'm going this weekend for Canal Plus France) to watch players. Kev, Daz, Benno and John all know I'm there to assist and facilitate anything they want, and I spoke at B&L 3 weeks ago to staff and players to tell them that I'm there for them, in whatever way I can help.

The financial situation I can do nothing about which means..

We can't move on targets.
I can't meet you regularly because of above reason.
Commercially I'll support the guys in any way I can.
Media will grow as we have resources to grow.

In short, everyone, and I mean everyone at the club are restricted by the financial situation. And that situation is dictated by the Chairman. I've met him several times, I speak candidly to him, try to nudge and persuade and to that end have had some success. But I cannot threaten Ron with my loud media voice. Why? As I've said before, I can help carry a banner up the road and realistically do nothing to change the club, or I can be inside to persuade, support, facilitate change. Without the patience ( i'm not the most patient person, so it's a skill I've had to learn) to stay inside the club and support everyone where I can, and to talk frankly to those who wield decision making power, I honestly believe the club would be in the NLS, without a CEO who is working 24/7 to fight fires, we wouldn't have a threesome of coaches who graft tirelessly and relentlessly to improve, and as a consequence of those people coming in, we would not have a team to be proud of, competing at this level despite being subject to envious looks from other clubs.

We literally kept a coaching team and football team together when at other clubs with significantly less issues than we have, not only who stayed but play with pride for our club. This happens when a culture changes, and I defy anyone to dare suggest this would have happened under the last football department.

I drive from Cannock and Bucks RH, approximately 2 to 3 hours each way, around £100+ in diesel. I have a contract and I told Tom very early on that when everyone else is paid, then pay me. October was my last payment.

Brentford today called to play a friendly, the third time in weeks they want a game. Steve Cooper and Sean Dyche offered real support when we can go into the market again, along with dozens of clubs who love what Kev, the boys, John are doing. We're building a lot of demolished bridges, so that in the future, the groundwork is set. Scouts are working for free, agents are being calmed, players reassured, all things that several people are doing, unnoticed, unheralded but which are crucial if this club is going to move forward.

The financial situation as we know is serious and nobody is shying away from it, but do not confuse silence with inactivity. I work for other companies elsewhere so that Southend United can have my services for free until the situation improves. Not bad for "Ron's bitch".

Tensions are high, but we all want one thing, a happy, settled club, staffed properly, staff appreciated and ownership that pays everything on time in a manner befitting the history of this club. So nobody is doing Chemical Ali and saying on behalf of Ron that everything is OK, he knows the score from staff and players, but realpolitik dictates that we have to work within a structure today where ordinarily incompatible bedfellows have to work together for the security of the club. That is guaranteed from me whoever owns this club.

Support the team.
Support the staff.

If silence is the price to help keep Southend United alive, then I'll stay silent.

Canal Plus, Qatar World Cup, talksport, Caughoffside, Mirror Football all pay me so that you don't have to right now, something the 16 year olds shouting "talksport ****er" at Maidenhead might do well to remember. Likewise respect to the man in the picture below that helped your club before and came good when needed.

Stan.View attachment 24891
Coalville have a pair of decent strikers at that level Stan, think you probably noticed 👍👍

Stan- Nobody is going to renew their season ticket. Well I would expect a significant reduction. The fan base is alienated completely with the lack of information coming from the club.

Something needs to give here….a phoenix club actually feels like the better option right here right now. I can’t believe I am saying this…but it does, supporters can not put up with this any longer.

The season ticket announcement is the final straw. I am appealing to you as you seem to have half an ear to Ron….this can not continue.

Loyal supporters will be driven away…I have been to around 700 games over 35 years. 24 years a season ticket holder…90 grounds. Enough is enough….without proper transparency and change we will go in our hundreds if not thousands and the club will be no more.

We are being taken for granted and having the **** taken out of us.

Stan- Nobody is going to renew their season ticket. Well I would expect a significant reduction. The fan base is alienated completely with the lack of information coming from the club.

Something needs to give here….a phoenix club actually feels like the better option right here right now. I can’t believe I am saying this…but it does, supporters can not put up with this any longer.

The season ticket announcement is the final straw. I am appealing to you as you seem to have half an ear to Ron….this can not continue.

Loyal supporters will be driven away…I have been to around 700 games over 35 years. 24 years a season ticket holder…90 grounds. Enough is enough….without proper transparency and change we will go in our hundreds if not thousands and the club will be no more.

We are being taken for granted and having the **** taken out of us.
Wouldn’t waste your time asking mate you won’t get proper answers and are more likely to get blocked for asking questions.

What a disaster this whole situation is now. Communication is non existent and we are just being taken for mugs every day

Back