• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Simeon Akinola and Ashley Nathaniel-George are sidelined for Southend United

Although I don't rate Sim that much, I do feel bad for him because he's a short player who was being asked to be up top on his own. No support from anyone and just getting hoof balls lumped up to him, even proper target men would of struggled with that last season.

He seems to have good feet and a bit on intelligence about his play, I was quite impressed with his first few games for us. I think after the initial rush of being allowed to play wore off, I think he just became one of the other serial losers who were pretty much beat before the whistle went, if not, definitely beat when we went 1 down. Ultimately, if were in league 2 still I'd want him gone but considering we're in NL, he could be quite useful. That being said, I'm sick of all these injured players being no use to us at all on the sidelines and he's had quite a few in just half a season.

With regards to ANG, clearly a decent player who can run at people but my god his decision making and shooting to dog awful. Can that he taught at this stage of his career? I'm not so sure.

Although I don't rate Sim that much, I do feel bad for him because he's a short player who was being asked to be up top on his own. No support from anyone and just getting hoof balls lumped up to him, even proper target men would of struggled with that last season.

He seems to have good feet and a bit on intelligence about his play, I was quite impressed with his first few games for us. I think after the initial rush of being allowed to play wore off, I think he just became one of the other serial losers who were pretty much beat before the whistle went, if not, definitely beat when we went 1 down. Ultimately, if were in league 2 still I'd want him gone but considering we're in NL, he could be quite useful. That being said, I'm sick of all these injured players being no use to us at all on the sidelines and he's had quite a few in just half a season.

With regards to ANG, clearly a decent player who can run at people but my god his decision making and shooting to dog awful. Can that he taught at this stage of his career? I'm not so sure.
I agree with all of that, far too much was asked of akinola. I think hes a tidy playet but tbh i have no idea where his best position would be, playing in front of the midfield and supporting the strikers perhaps, but seems a bit of a luxury option and not sure PB favours playing that way.

If ang is showing the right attitude then i think he should stay and be worked on. We need the pace! I fear though that the penalty incident and his greediness on the ball summed up his character.

I agree with all of that, far too much was asked of akinola. I think hes a tidy playet but tbh i have no idea where his best position would be, playing in front of the midfield and supporting the strikers perhaps, but seems a bit of a luxury option and not sure PB favours playing that way.

If ang is showing the right attitude then i think he should stay and be worked on. We need the pace! I fear though that the penalty incident and his greediness on the ball summed up his character.
The penalty he scored against Scunthorpe?

Rush missed one final game of the season as well as one in the Boreham Wood shootout; Akinola missed v Carlisle; Demi missed his last one as well. Is there one I’ve forgotten? I’ve tried to forget most of the last 5+years tbh.

The penalty he scored against Scunthorpe?

Rush missed one final game of the season as well as one in the Boreham Wood shootout; Akinola missed v Carlisle; Demi missed his last one as well. Is there one I’ve forgotten? I’ve tried to forget most of the last 5+years tbh.
Just the manner in which he took it, like he was ronaldo. Fine line between being confident and being a ****.

Lets face it, if he had an end product he wouldnt be in league 2. But thats surely something a good manager and coach can work on, unless of course he's already not in the pb favourites camp.

Back