• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Simeon Akinola is still 'weeks away' and other injury news

Great! Well why did we sign him if hes injured and how on earth did he pass a medical to join us? And i also think we need new medical staff at the club the ammount of injuries we have had and currently is ridiculous,its been going on too long now and someone or a group are to blame.

Last edited:
Great! Well why did we sign him if hes injured and how on earth did he pass a medical to join us? And i also think we need new medical staff at the club the ammount of injuries we have had and currently is ridiculous,its been going on too long now and someone or a group are to blame.
Yes, our 'medical staff' are to blame having worked with Akinola for 5 mins. He injured himself because he hadn't trained properly for a while. Sadly, it is one of those things. But why let facts stop you from having a moan.

Yes, our 'medical staff' are to blame having worked with Akinola for 5 mins. He injured himself because he hadn't trained properly for a while. Sadly, it is one of those things. But why let facts stop you from having a moan.
I think its well overdue,its not just akinola is it? Its been many different players over long periods of time.

I think its well overdue,its not just akinola is it? Its been many different players over long periods of time.
Have you considered each injury on their own merits. The nature of the injuries, the history of the players concerned, age etc. I'd be very interested in seeing a proper post by you about this rather than sweeping statements that are way off the mark.

Together with a fellow Southend supporter we saw Akinola play for Barnet for two matches before Covid set in He is a clever and combative player with terrific skills. Be patient he will be a asset to us once he is fully fit.

That is good to hear.

Have you considered each injury on their own merits. The nature of the injuries, the history of the players concerned, age etc. I'd be very interested in seeing a proper post by you about this rather than sweeping statements that are way off the mark.
Wouldent u agree its become all too familiar over the past seasons?

This isnt about targeting certain individuals its about whats best for the team and getting positive results.

Pull the other one. You've been told more than once the Akinola was injured while training with us but still query why he was signed. Everything you say is laughable and holds no water

You really have become the laughing stock of Shrimperzone

And as for you Shrimpet go and stand in the corner until your told to go home !

Pull the other one. You've been told more than once the Akinola was injured while training with us but still query why he was signed. Everything you say is laughable and holds no water

You really have become the laughing stock of Shrimperzone
I had no idea he got the injury during training

Back