• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Simon Cox

I wish Simon Cox good luck in his new venture and thank him for his spell at Southend. If the rumours that he is a bit of a barrack room lawyer have any substance then I guess it's good that he's on his way. One or two more will surely follow him out of the club.

Yes- sure there is nothing stopping bring people in other than:
1. Ron/Sol have said people need to go out first- this is happening
2. We need to find players we want who want to come here

Would be nice to get a few wins and start turning things round, but don't even look at the league table.

This.

Forget the league table, and start judging the matches on a game-by-game basis.

Let’s face it, Sol hasn’t made us any worse, has he?

Was great for us- this year completely missed pre-season yet was played by KB anyway, really think this didn't help him at all this year

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Jesus Christ, you actually believe that, don’t you?

Mate, it’s just simply not true - not even a little bit of it.

“Pre-season Injury” hahaha

Currently living in Sydney, not actually been to see an A-League game yet, tempted to pop along ??

Hope its a great move for him personally and professionally. Maybe will also find it easier to get into coaching roles.

Was great for us- this year completely missed pre-season yet was played by KB anyway, really think this didn't help him at all this year.

One thing I have increasingly noticed is he seems to lack the pace to go past people, play off the shoulder. Starting to look as he lack pace- but can still finish and create own a 10 role- I am sure great asset to his new club. All the best to him.

Probably shouldn't have pretended he was injured then

Good news hes gone ... A talented player who may be got too cynical and too much of an old pro to be a good influence on a young squad..

Not really overzealous, the thread was just his name. As soon as it was confirmed the thread name was changed for that reason. This stops multiple threads being created. If you wish to continue this further feel free to PM me.

Nah it's ok. I accept your apology.

It is a shame it had to end this way, but seemed inevitable.

Been great last 3 years and kept us up on his own last year.

Let's have the truth then,what do you know?

Work it out for yourself.

How many players do you know that can miss an entire pre-season with a double-injury, but then play the first 6-7 game of the new season?

Could there have been another reason why Mr. Cox missed pre-season? Another reason why he was seen out in Dubai?

Moving to an Australian team hasn’t exactly come out of the blue, to me.

Could there have been another reason why Mr. Cox missed pre-season? Another reason why he was seen out in Dubai?

To be fair that's not the first time that he's gone out to do that training in Dubai.

Great servant and did a lot in the community too. 45 goals in 3 and a bit seasons in a pretty crap team is a good record.

Back