• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Simon Cox

Ricey

I’m a Mod⭐⭐
Staff member
Has just put a goodbye message on his Instagram saying he’s leaving Western Sydney Wanderers and is returning home.

Understandable given his family couldn’t join him out in Aus. One season left in his legs?

No thanks, after the way he upset the dressing room. He was named as one of the trouble makers.

So the rumours go. But maybe there's a different angle here. What if the issue was that he wasn't happy with the direction the club was going (for example, he didn't think much of Kevin Bond). Maybe he could see what was happening and was vocal about it? Assuming that is the case, it turns out he was right.

All that said, I doubt very much he'd come back as I suspect he's still too good for non-league. I also suspect he'd rather retire (than drop that low). He probably doesn't need the money either.

When anyone says " (but) that's fine" so many times during an interview it probably isn't.....

Hi all,

I host a football podcast called ‘The Late Kick Off’ and we recently had Simon Cox as a guest.

Coxy discussed his career at Southend in great detail and gave his honest view on the current situation the club is in.

If you would like to listen to the episode, please click on the below link. Thank you

Long interview with Simon Cox by Robin Chipperfield (who used to do the BBC Essex coverage many moons ago)

Back