• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Re: the article, I think Someset Ex-TTB was referring to the initial one on post#1. (The Sky sports one) it says "Last updated 01/05/18".

Absolute class player. Probably the only time I'll say that but I'd be delighted if he got a move in the summer. He's given everything here and is far too good for us. If he can get another club he goes with my absolute blessing and of many others too i'm sure.

This article is a year old don’t forget. Really hope he stays though. Can he finish first, second and third in the POTY?
"Regardless of whether Southend beat Rochdale today, a result which could ensure survival if AFC Wimbledon and Scunthorpe United both lose, Cox has much harsher realities to face in his personal life. "

I think the club should bust a gut to keep him.

He is settled in the area. He could be captain and definately could finish his career with us.

I think the club should bust a gut to keep him.

He is settled in the area. He could be captain and definately could finish his career with us.

He's not. He's split up from his long term partner and has zero ties to the area. If we go down he won't be here next season especially if that incurs a wage cut that is unfair as he's been the shining light in a team stuffed with absolute ****e.

I have a feeling win, lose or draw Saturday will be the final time we see him in a Southend shirt.

He's not. He's split up from his long term partner and has zero ties to the area. If we go down he won't be here next season especially if that incurs a wage cut that is unfair as he's been the shining light in a team stuffed with absolute ****e.
On the other hand he's being paid to play which he has done and unless its part of his contract to get a pay cut for relegation then he stays on same wages
Its a team effort they take the praise to -gether and have to take the bad times to- gether

On the other hand he's being paid to play which he has done and unless its part of his contract to get a pay cut for relegation then he stays on same wages
Its a team effort they take the praise to -gether and have to take the bad times to- gether

He'll be off in the summer. I'll put a whole 50p on it.

They'll more than likely be a relegation clause, at least I hope there is. Unless we haven't learnt from our mistakes when we got relegated from the championship.

They'll more than likely be a relegation clause, at least I hope there is. Unless we haven't learnt from our mistakes when we got relegated from the championship.

If you look at his interview in the Irish newspaper it pretty much confirms that to be the case.

I have a feeling win, lose or draw Saturday will be the final time we see him in a Southend shirt.

Think you might be right there

If we stay up I think he'll stay so long as there are assurances that we'll bring in some creative midfielders.

Player of the Season curse is likely to strike again!

No matter how we get on Saturday, looks like Coxy has some serious decisions to make, and some are out of his hands if there is a relegation clause as suggested in his interview.

As a 32 year old, he may decide to stay put as he will be guaranteed first team football with us for as long as he wants to, but he is an outstanding professional, with far more ability than we are used to so clubs with far more money than us, and no doubt far higher status than us will be queuing up for his services! He also has to figure out his personal situation, which he may feel better able to do if he is near his friends and family.

If I were Ron, I would be ripping up the relegation clause in his contract, offloading one or two other players, and paying Simon their wages as well as his own. He deserves a big pay rise after keeping the team afloat with his work rate, goals and assists this season!

I have only been told of one player who has a relegation clause, and that wasn't Simon. Of course, that doesn't mean anything and the player who told me might not be aware of such a clause.

Sincerely hope he will be here as he understands so much more about stuff off the pitch than many - not to mention what he contributes on it!

I have only been told of one player who has a relegation clause, and that wasn't Simon. Of course, that doesn't mean anything and the player who told me might not be aware of such a clause.

Sincerely hope he will be here as he understands so much more about stuff off the pitch than many - not to mention what he contributes on it!

Regardless of what you’ve been told, he says in the article that this is the case. I doubt everyone knows what each other earns, same as any work place. They probs have an idea but not exacts and even if they knew the basics....I very much doubt they understand all the clauses.

Cox negotiates his own contract without an agent, so sure he knows better than anyone.

Regardless of what you’ve been told, he says in the article that this is the case. I doubt everyone knows what each other earns, same as any work place. They probs have an idea but not exacts and even if they knew the basics....I very much doubt they understand all the clauses.

Cox negotiates his own contract without an agent, so sure he knows better than anyone.

Simon Cox, I think, has the potential to become a very good manager. I hope the Chairman is aware of that. He is a highly intelligent, hard-working player who exudes the will to win and always seems to go out of his way to encourage the younger players in the squad.

Back