• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
These fans have lost any right to call themselves a Southend fan.

A full ban from football grounds would be nice.

I do understand what some are getting at. The attack by a nasty Cambridge mob on the Spread Eagle definitely caused the revenge attack outside the Railway. Unfortunately the revenge attack that has ruined a supporters life, was well over the top, and it wasn't on the one's that attacked the Spread Eagle. I got to the Spread just after they stormed inside attacking people. There were still about 30 of them going nuts outside trying to get in again as I arrived. Arguing and almost fighting the police.

I do understand what some are getting at. The attack by a nasty Cambridge mob on the Spread Eagle definitely caused the revenge attack outside the Railway. Unfortunately the revenge attack that has ruined a supporters life, was well over the top, and it wasn't on the one's that attacked the Spread Eagle. I got to the Spread just after they stormed inside attacking people. There were still about 30 of them going nuts outside trying to get in again as I arrived. Arguing and almost fighting the police.

As maybe TSNB but there was plenty of opportunity for the defence briefs to bring all of that forward as mitigation or what ever. The case is over, the jury have returned their verdicts all of the defendants have been found guilty and nothing posted on here will change that.

Correct like come down the Railway now ...lol

Also a few of the '' Guilty '' never even sent a text message all day long ... it was a set up to get a result

Well they have the right to appeal against their conviction but for now they're going to prison.

Well they have the right to appeal against their conviction but for now they're going to prison.

I cant imagine they have anything to appeal, they didn't even give evidence in their defence.

Their only chance of reducing the charge etc, was mitigation , using the Spread , but given that they weren't (bar one) in the spread, , there was no evidence produced at the trial to identify any of the Cambridge fans in the spread, and they had football related previous, it was never really going to end well.

The whole trail was/is a farce from beginning to end, the echo are a disgrace for only reporting the prosecution side. It's been a witch hunt by the police from start to finish and the farce to remand all of these lads when some won't even be doing time quite frankly is a joke.

Nobody from this has been arrested on the Cambridge side yet their attack amounting to provocation on the pub gets brushed aside.

There are people involved in this who were in the wrong place at the wrong time who have taken great strides to turn their lives around and that's just been ruined!

FARCE

I agree but I don't buy the whole story about him just sitting in the railway that day minding his own business. I know their are some sick people out there but why would a large group of blokes follow someone and beat the hell out of them for no apparent reason.

Believe me when I say, even if there was a reason its still not justified behaviour but it doesn't sit well me with him being painted like an angel. Even where he stood in the north bank where his picture was taken (which we have seen a lot of) that's where Cambridge fans were causing trouble in the ground.

Being caught up in the trouble that day I saw first hand Cambridge fans attacking anyone in sight. The old bill saw it too, especially in the spread before the game and on vic avenue when it spilled in to the street.

Seriously? I've known a few people over the years who believed football's sole purpose was to provide them with an excuse to kick the cr*p out of opposition fans purely for wearing their teams colours. Some people just thrive on violence, and will go out of their way to find it. They all use the same excuse that 'they wanted it as much as us' when they so obviously didn't. These guys are evil scumbags, the fact at least some of them continued to rack up convictions for violent disorder AFTER the event in question shows the kind of people they are and that they couldn't care less what they've done, in fact they'll probably wear it as a badge of honour once they're inside. And when you see how their families behave its hardly surprising. Heartbreaking that they ruined the life of a bloke out for a day at the footy, and heartbreaking that they're linked to our club.

I think we all get it. It just seems to miss the point. Even if it had been Dobbin who had acted like a thug earlier in the day it still wouldn't excuse what happened. You don't beat someone into a coma and ruin their lives.

The fact that over six weeks between a dozen legal teams they've been unable to offer one piece of evidence that Dobbin was involved means that the victim-blaming feels even more wrong.

The whole trail was/is a farce from beginning to end, the echo are a disgrace for only reporting the prosecution side. It's been a witch hunt by the police from start to finish and the farce to remand all of these lads when some won't even be doing time quite frankly is a joke.

Nobody from this has been arrested on the Cambridge side yet their attack amounting to provocation on the pub gets brushed aside.

There are people involved in this who were in the wrong place at the wrong time who have taken great strides to turn their lives around and that's just been ruined!

FARCE

The Echo printed the evidence that was presented. The defence offered next to nothing hence there was nothing to report.

FARCE
There was very little to report on the defence. Only one gave evidence.

The Cambridge attack might have provoked the attack but it did not cause it.

The guilty need to take the consequences of their actions. It's disappointing how many (not necessarily you 70sNB) seemed prepared to excuse their actions.

FARCE

I struggle to see how it could have been considered as provocation given that only one of the accused was in the spread before the game and there was no evidence that those attacked were either . Probably explains why the defence didn't use it.

Provocation as mitigation is different to provocation as a lame excuse...

The Echo printed the evidence that was presented. The defence offered next to nothing hence there was nothing to report.

Thanks for confirming that Beefy, I had been wondering where coverage of the defence's case had got to (the fact that there was hardly any surprises me). The one thing that nags me about this tragic episode is why did his group go back up onto the road, and past the Railway, when there is a footbridge on the platform itself (?).

I struggle to see how it could have been considered as provocation given that only one of the accused was in the spread before the game and there was no evidence that those attacked were either . Probably explains why the defence didn't use it.

Provocation as mitigation is different to provocation as a lame excuse...

Smashing the railway pub window then?

FARCE

And one of them is now brain damaged.

Smashing the railway pub window then?

I can only go on what was in the press , but I thought no one identified the person/persons who smashed the window.

And tbh, if the individuals concerned don't even speak up in their own defence in court, calling provocation after the case is not really going to swing anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back