• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was basically found guilty of 'being fumeing' as was read out in court. He was outside for a matter of seconds.

What on earth does that mean? :unsure:

It does seem from your account as if he's been unlucky to be caught up in this. We all do those kind of short texts and calls if meeting up with people, surely circumstantial.

You can't change British law to suit each case. Under your guidelines then we are all guilty of not preventing Col U fans attacking our stewards and coining our fans. The only person who did act to prevent possible injury and potential assault was arrested fined and banned from RH.

Other countries obviously have different laws. In the US there has been cases where people who went to commit crime have been held culpable if someone dies etc even if it was not their actual doing. Under that law it would be possible to hold the Cambridge mob partially culpable for Simon Dobbins injuries.

Can I just check... are you saying his actions were what we all should have done and were therefore acceptable?

Can I just check... are you saying his actions were what we all should have done and were therefore acceptable?

Only if it was an offence not to intervene to prevent a criminal act ....(is how I read it)

Albeit an extreme interpretation of a law we do not have and does not exist .

On the basis that they came out of a pub to see what was happening? The same thing Simon Dobbin & his friends did, when the old bill were struggling to contain the Cambridge mob outside the Spread, after the game?

On that basis, there would/should be a lot of people banged up, due to having been intrigued & nosey towards any & every altercation/disturbance that took place this past Friday/Saturday night, in pubs & clubs up and down the country.

Conjecture & speculation. It is entirely possible the same outcome could have occurred if only one person ran out of the pub.

Youre spot on here

No, not on the basis that someone came out of the pub to see what was happening but that they were part of the group that rushed out of the pub and charged across the road towards Simon Dobbin and his friends. People in that group may not have thrown any punches but were still an active member of a group of men that inflicted life changing injuries.

It is well documented that people act differently when part of a group than when on their own. It has been established that a group of men were involved in the assault and more than one inflicted the injuries. This is neither conjecture or speculation. It is possible that one person could have inflicted the injuries but far less likely and it does not support the facts of this case so that really is speculation.

Just on the BBC - Nicole Dobbin campaigning to lengthen the sentences of people involved and those involved in similar crimes.

Just on the BBC - Nicole Dobbin campaigning to lengthen the sentences of people involved and those involved in similar crimes.

Considering the scenes post trial I am surprised she is doing this, it'll just be opening up a can of worms. The police evidence was inconclusive therefore no single defendant was convicted of the actual crime. If her plans are to get prison sentences for similar acts then maybe the Cambridge fans who lit the touch paper should be on her hit list?

Would think her time would be better spent caring for her husband and raising money for victims of similar crimes

Considering the scenes post trial I am surprised she is doing this, it'll just be opening up a can of worms. The police evidence was inconclusive therefore no single defendant was convicted of the actual crime. If her plans are to get prison sentences for similar acts then maybe the Cambridge fans who lit the touch paper should be on her hit list?

Would think her time would be better spent caring for her husband and raising money for victims of similar crimes

And maybe asking why only about 1,000 Cambridge supporters bothered turning up for his benefit match?

I'm no expert but I don't think she has a chance of getting the sentences increased due to all of them receiving at least half the maximum and in some cases the maximum. It would require a change in the law and that wont happen overnight.

What on earth has that got to do with her claims over leniency in the sentence?

Changing her focus, the "perpetrators" have been sentenced according to our justice system. There is still so much rumbling around about this case, that her keep going on about this (it's at least the 3rd interview I've seen) is provocation to those who don't feel the sentences were right.

Changing her focus, the "perpetrators" have been sentenced according to our justice system. There is still so much rumbling around about this case, that her keep going on about this (it's at least the 3rd interview I've seen) is provocation to those who don't feel the sentences were right.

And you think her protesting about the case is what resulted in "only about 1,000" people - roughly 1/4 of Cambridge's average home gate - turning up for his benefit game, rather than the fact it was a pre-season friendly in late July?

Shame she can't apologise for her and her families behaviour when Steve Kavanagh and PB went to the hospital on a pre arranged visit. Yes of course they were devastated but there must of been at least one of them who could reason it was nothing to do with SK or PB.

Shame she can't apologise for her and her families behaviour when Steve Kavanagh and PB went to the hospital on a pre arranged visit. Yes of course they were devastated but there must of been at least one of them who could reason it was nothing to do with SK or PB.

I would think that was more grief and lashing out at someone connected to the club, you as an ex fireman would or should know better. Similar to Greenfell flats (No lets not start a debate), but many residents attack councilors, who have nothing to do with the fire only by association

I don't know what went on as many posters, but it's a sad day for the Dobbin family and even the so called Southend supporters families who will have to live with this.

All i guess is what use to be a friendly game to watch, will only fester into hatred when the time comes and we play each other in the league/cup.

UTS

I'm no expert but I don't think she has a chance of getting the sentences increased due to all of them receiving at least half the maximum and in some cases the maximum. It would require a change in the law and that wont happen overnight.

Indeed, and really not more needs to be said. I think it's all been done to death on many threads.

I am assuming all the people complaining or trying to shift the focus have had this happen to them and know exactly how they would react

I would think that was more grief and lashing out at someone connected to the club, you as an ex fireman would or should know better. Similar to Greenfell flats (No lets not start a debate), but many residents attack councilors, who have nothing to do with the fire only by association

I don't know what went on as many posters, but it's a sad day for the Dobbin family and even the so called Southend supporters families who will have to live with this.

All i guess is what use to be a friendly game to watch, will only fester into hatred when the time comes and we play each other in the league/cup.

UTS

Yes I have seen much better, from families who know how to conduct themselves. Including my own.

The new fashion of abusing people who can't answer back because of their position is just a modern form of bullying. I include the families of the Southend fans found guilty with their behaviour out side the court. Still its all part of the reality TV look at me I'm ignorant and gobby culture.

Lets not get into it on this thread but I know Firefighters who have been 'coy' with their evidence about Grenfell because of the mob mentality.

Last edited:
If I had a loved one turned into vegetable by a clubs fans I dont think I would be reacting particularly reasonable and may not have received the execs of the other club very well either.

Nothing to do with reality TV culture, but to do with having my entire life wrecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back