• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still its all part of the reality TV look at me I'm ignorant and gobby culture.

In equal measure, some of the victim shaming on this thread seems to be an extension of this weird snowflake cuck culture that's permeated since Trump's rise in the US.

If I had a loved one turned into vegetable by a clubs fans I dont think I would be reacting particularly reasonable and may not have received the execs of the other club very well either.

Nothing to do with reality TV culture, but to do with having my entire life wrecked.

Then you wouldn't let them come to visit him in hospital in the first place and let them try and arrange a friendly to raise money for the victim......Or perhaps you would.

Then you wouldn't let them come to visit him in hospital in the first place and let them try and arrange a friendly to raise money for the victim......Or perhaps you would.

Like I said, I wouldnt be acting particularly reasonable when my life had been wrecked.

I might actually want to hold them accountable for their supporters. And no I wouldnt turn down much needed money out of principle either.

People seem to be completely missing the fact that this woman, whether she is a nice person or not, has had her life ruined. Her husband may as well have been murdered, in some ways may have been better off if he had.

This expectation she should be acting in a pleasant and reasonable manner is absurd.

Like I said, I wouldnt be acting particularly reasonable when my life had been wrecked.

I might actually want to hold them accountable for their supporters. And no I wouldnt turn down much needed money out of principle either.

People seem to be completely missing the fact that this woman, whether she is a nice person or not, has had her life ruined. Her husband may as well have been murdered, in some ways may have been better off if he had.

This expectation she should be acting in a pleasant and reasonable manner is absurd.

I dare say you would.

And you think her protesting about the case is what resulted in "only about 1,000" people - roughly 1/4 of Cambridge's average home gate - turning up for his benefit game, rather than the fact it was a pre-season friendly in late July?

No, that is not what I said. Her most recent comments were literally the other day, the match was a few weeks back. Stop trying to put words into my mouth.

She has had justice through the courts, now she wants revenge. Vile woman.

Again, a woman whose husband and father to her daughter wants revenge for having him taken away from them.

What an odd concept.

Id be vile in her situation too then.

Hardly. At least the people who will be able to be released from jail one day in the not too distant future will have another crack at getting some sort of life. It will be harder for them, but then maybe they shouldn't have got involved in what happened and instead been prepared to give evidence against the people who actually committed the crime.

Simon Dobbin won't have that opportunity.

She hasn't had any sort of justice at all. The worst crime has gone completely unpunished and the people involved have been found guilty of probably the only thing that would stick, having chosen also not to offer a solitary word in their own defence because it looked bad. Not one of them has taken any responsibility AT ALL for what has happened, instead preferring to point the finger of blame at others with a veiled "they made us do it" type argument against a different set of Cambridge fans who kicked off earlier in the day.

That is the biggest problem in society, this "Anyone's fault but mine" attitude.

She's the one who has my sympathy (plus of course the family), no-one else I'm afraid. As my Nan used to say, "If you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas."

Well said FBM.

This constant attacking the victims family for being angry about what happened is ridiculous.

I think people posting these comments would be rather different if one of their loved ones had been turned into a vegetable, which as I said earlier is no better than murder. Not only has he been taken from them they now have to look after what he now is.

Its all, Cambridge fans fault, all Dobbins fault, all her fault.

No, that is not what I said. Her most recent comments were literally the other day, the match was a few weeks back. Stop trying to put words into my mouth.

Then, in your own words, why do you feel that "only" ~1,000 fans turned up for a benefit match?

Hardly. At least the people who will be able to be released from jail one day in the not too distant future will have another crack at getting some sort of life. It will be harder for them, but then maybe they shouldn't have got involved in what happened and instead been prepared to give evidence against the people who actually committed the crime.

She hasn't had any sort of justice at all. The worst crime has gone completely unpunished and the people involved have been found guilty of probably the only thing that would stick, having chosen also not to offer a solitary word in their own defence because it looked bad. Not one of them has taken any responsibility AT ALL for what has happened, instead preferring to point the finger of blame at others with a veiled "they made us do it" type argument against a different set of Cambridge fans who kicked off earlier in the day.

That is the biggest problem in society, this "Anyone's fault but mine" attitude.

She's the one who has my sympathy (plus of course the family), no-one else I'm afraid. As my Nan used to say, "If you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas."

What he said.

Seriously, if your other half was in SD's class condition would you see i hat has happened as justice? I would be gutted that no on was found guilty for a much more significant offence . To know that in all likelihood one or more of those accused either put SD in that condition or know who did it and that they have effectively got away with it. I don't know how long it would take me to come to terms with that, I certainly wouldn't think justice has been served. I would also have little / zero compassion for anyone convicted who shouldn't have been ( if that is the case) as if they had given evidence it may /may not have made a difference to the charges brought against others. Over time maybe my view would change, but I can't imagine at this point I would be using my time worrying about those in prison.

Well said FBM.

This constant attacking the victims family for being angry about what happened is ridiculous.

I think people posting these comments would be rather different if one of their loved ones had been turned into a vegetable, which as I said earlier is no better than murder. Not only has he been taken from them they now have to look after what he now is.

Its all, Cambridge fans fault, all Dobbins fault, all her fault.

Nobody on here has ever said that, . We all know that without the individuals who actually attacked him he would still be Ok. Yet you can't except that without the Cambridge mob turning up it would never have happened. If those 'innocents' walking back to the station with Simon Dobbin had done so quietly and not hurled a bottle at the Railway then they would have all got home safely.

Yes the whole story didn't come out as they chose not to give evidence but if you didn't witness the actual attack then you can't give evidence as hearsay is not admissible in a British court.

You have got to be kidding me!?

I saw the BBC coverage the other day and my overriding impression was both how strong and well-balanced she was. I get that you might feel let down by the way the justice played out for some... but SOMEONE was guilty of doing this and a whole group of people kept their mouths closed about it. If some people were punished more than they should have been, there's at least someone who got off light. That doesn't make an innocent wife vile. Far from it. I don't see how I'd have even an ounce of her restraint and strength. I'm shocked.

article_img.jpg

Dobbin_Nicole_arrive_at_court.jpg

Not a single one of them used that as an excuse as you very well know so keep to the crux of the matter and not what has been said on here by those who would have had them hung at dawn. Those same people who want and expect justice and would fall on a percieved injustice of a IRA killer like a pack of wolves rather than support the British justice system but have suddenly found morals from somewhere.

Outside the court, in front of the press with her best filmstar smile she said justice has been served. After the sentencing she said the same thing but now she wants the sentences increased, has constantly singled out individuals for her special brand of lies and insinuations, without a shread of evidence or proof but then who needs prove when she plays the victim so well.

Never mind that she sat in court everyday getting louder and louder with her vile tongue
You ****ing scum, you ****ing *****, you ****ing this, you ****ing that

Louder and louder everyday and no one said a word.

Now justice isn't good enough, now she wants revenge the same sort of revenge that those who argue against the death penalty on here say is the reason it shouldn't come back, the very same revenge that you seem completely at ease with.

So I stand by what I said, she is a vile woman and I await the revelations that will surely come out in the end that will sound that out.

Not a single one of them used that as an excuse as you very well know so keep to the crux of the matter and not what has been said on here by those who would have had them hung at dawn. Those same people who want and expect justice and would fall on a percieved injustice of a IRA killer like a pack of wolves rather than support the British justice system but have suddenly found morals from somewhere.

Outside the court, in front of the press with her best filmstar smile she said justice has been served. After the sentencing she said the same thing but now she wants the sentences increased, has constantly singled out individuals for her special brand of lies and insinuations, without a shread of evidence or proof but then who needs prove when she plays the victim so well.

Never mind that she sat in court everyday getting louder and louder with her vile tongue
You ****ing scum, you ****ing *****, you ****ing this, you ****ing that

Louder and louder everyday and no one said a word.

Now justice isn't good enough, now she wants revenge the same sort of revenge that those who argue against the death penalty on here say is the reason it shouldn't come back, the very same revenge that you seem completely at ease with.

So I stand by what I said, she is a vile woman and I await the revelations that will surely come out in the end that will sound that out.

You consider her a vile woman which is frankly a horrible thing to say after what she has gone through.

What do you consider the people that did this then? Forgive me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen you, from memory, be critical towards them. You seem to have spent most of your time critizing the victims family/wife.

If she is vile for swearing in court, then what does that make them?

As a point of order, my recollection from the BBC piece was that she was NOT seeking longer sentences for those already convicted but a change in the law for harsher penalties moving forward.

Interestingly, she also called for the sentence of the one defendant who pleaded guilty to be completely suspended "as he showed genuine remorse."

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/simon-do...heresa-may-southend-football-attack-1-5140307

I agree with the last post, ridiculous and unjustified venom from some contributors, this woman has lost her husband, what do you expect her attitude to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back