• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts with SD and his family. Let's hope we never have to see something like this in Southend again.

Lets not forget that Cambridge done their fair share that day, some of which I personally saw.

That always seems to get forgotten about for some reason.

Not that it justifies this guys beating but I still don't believe he is as innocent as he has been painted.

Lets not forget that Cambridge done their fair share that day, some of which I personally saw. Not that it justifies this guys beating but I still don't believe he is as innocent as he has been painted.

He is innocent in the eyes of the law and that is what counts.

Lets not forget that Cambridge done their fair share that day, some of which I personally saw.

Not that it justifies this guys beating but I still don't believe he is as innocent as he has been painted.

Innocent or otherwise, he spent a year in a coma and is permanently brain damaged.

He is innocent in the eyes of the law and that is what counts.

I agree but I don't buy the whole story about him just sitting in the railway that day minding his own business. I know their are some sick people out there but why would a large group of blokes follow someone and beat the hell out of them for no apparent reason.

Believe me when I say, even if there was a reason its still not justified behaviour but it doesn't sit well me with him being painted like an angel. Even where he stood in the north bank where his picture was taken (which we have seen a lot of) that's where Cambridge fans were causing trouble in the ground.

Being caught up in the trouble that day I saw first hand Cambridge fans attacking anyone in sight. The old bill saw it too, especially in the spread before the game and on vic avenue when it spilled in to the street.

I agree but I don't buy the whole story about him just sitting in the railway that day minding his own business. I know their are some sick people out there but why would a large group of blokes follow someone and beat the hell out of them for no apparent reason.

Believe me when I say, even if there was a reason its still not justified behaviour but it doesn't sit well me with him being painted like an angel. Even where he stood in the north bank where his picture was taken (which we have seen a lot of) that's where Cambridge fans were causing trouble in the ground.

Being caught up in the trouble that day I saw first hand Cambridge fans attacking anyone in sight. The old bill saw it too, especially in the spread before the game and on vic avenue when it spilled in to the street.

Irrelevant. He wasn't caught doing anything wrong.

****s sake - we had 18 months of this ******** in which we had to hear "oh just you wait until the trial and the truth will come out" then the truth does come out, these lads are bang to rights and we still get this nonsense.

It's not forgotten, it's just completely irrelevant.

I cannot believe the club have arranged a 'friendly' against Cambridge.

Do they seriously think the 60 odd Cambridge fans who came down looking for trouble unprovoked, now having been provoked, are just going to sit indoors?!

I trust the judicary will give them appropriate sentences and that this never happens to anyone again. All over a game of football. So many lives ruined

Well this thread isn't going to last long. Whatever your opinion is the guy didn't deserve to be beaten to within an inch of his life and left permanently brain damaged

No CCTV working from the Spread from the day ?

No CCTV of the Fight outside Railway ?

30 to 50 People went outside the Railway to watch or Join the fight but only 13 charged ?

IMHO Police just rounded up the Drinkers with previous Violent convictions as they had to charge as they was under pressure

No CCTV working from the Spread from the day ?

No CCTV of the Fight outside Railway ?

30 to 50 People went outside the Railway to watch or Join the fight but only 13 charged ?

IMHO Police just rounded up the Drinkers with previous Violent convictions as they had to charge as they was under pressure

They had mobile phone text evidence.

Oh well, Cambridge fans were guilty too, must be the equivalent of a 'knock for knock' in insurance terms. :nope: It was an appalling act of gratuitous violence that should never be condoned and no amount of mitigating circumstances can excuse. The victim and his family will suffer the consequences of this abomination for the rest of their lives. The law has seen fit to find the perpetrators guilty and now we hope justice is served. Small consolation for SD but a grain of comfort is better than nothing.

Makes me so sad to think that something like this is linked with our club. The poor man.

Will be very careful when attending any Cambridge games in the future and certainly won't be going to the friendly.

Yet given the masses of CCTV evidence used in the trail, there were none from the Spread before the game .....

When you think that this scenario can't get any lower, then you just need to watch the video of Mrs Dobbin being verbally abused by relatives of the defendants.

Lost for words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back