• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Simon Francis from the horses mouth

DTS

The Business
I have just come back from Berlin on a stag weekend. On the way out we flew from STN and who should I see in the bar before the flight but Simon himself.

Being the gobby ******* I am I spoke to him of course. I was a but ****ed so I didn't really ask as much as I should but long and short of it us he didn't want to go to brentford as he feels there no bigger than us and all there fans are a bunch of ***** ( ok made the last bit up but it's true).

He won't be here next season as he feels can pkay in the championship again and didn't think many of the current squad would stat either. He said been fun at Southend and wished the club all the best but drop in division too much. He also said he was sad that he won't see jacks flag as that is all that has kept the players going these past few months.

For the doubting Thomass amongst you I had two snaps with him which I will post later once I get home. I'm currently 97 stop from central London on the way back from heathrow.

He also said his is off on hold for two weeks so nothing will happen any time soon and he has his agent looking for clubs for him but there is nothing on the table bar brentford

Bit harsh of you calling Franno a horse there, Dave. The female supporters around me at the Hall seem to think he's a fine looking individual.

Bit harsh of you calling Franno a horse there, Dave. The female supporters around me at the Hall seem to think he's a fine looking individual.

He may be a looker but he is hard work to talk too. That said speaking to a drunk supporter in the airport is probably not his idea of starting his holiday with a bang.

Best crosser of the ball we have had over the last few seasons, will be sad when he goes. Think maybe when some of the senior players start leaving we will hear more about whats been going on regarding wages and stuff just that with no replacement in the pipeline it leaves you feeling abit pooh!

How can he afford a holiday...has he been paid?..if so this is outrageous.

RM out!

Best crosser of the ball we have had over the last few seasons, will be sad when he goes. Think maybe when some of the senior players start leaving we will hear more about whats been going on regarding wages and stuff just that with no replacement in the pipeline it leaves you feeling abit pooh!

They've been working on Frankie Banks's fitness for weeks now. Although he is a Left back, he can switch to the right when needed.

They've been working on Frankie Banks's fitness for weeks now. Although he is a Left back, he can switch to the right when needed.

Must be feeding him on ginseng and monkey glands, and plugging him into the mains all night to charge him up. Anyone know if Bill Garner still lives local?. Can see him being our centre forward next season. Mind you, probably do a better job than Scott Vernon did last season!. (Anyone see him win a header)?

I have just come back from Berlin on a stag weekend. On the way out we flew from STN and who should I see in the bar before the flight but Simon himself.

Being the gobby ******* I am I spoke to him of course. I was but ****ed so I didn't really ask as much as I should but long and short of it us he didn't want to go to brentford as he feels there no bigger than us and all there fans are a bunch of ***** ( ok made the last bit up but it's true).

He won't be here next season as he feels can pkay in the championship again and didn't think many of the current squad would stat either. He said been fun at Southend and wished the club all the best but drop in division too much. He also said he was sad that he won't see jacks flag as that is all that has kept the players going these past few months.

For the doubting Thomass amongst you I had two snaps with him which I will post later once I get home. I'm currently 97 stop from central London on the way back from heathrow.

I think it's double t but a bit too much information there Dave.

I have been paid and i still cant afford a holiday,
these poor football players....just the two holidays this year then, times are tough...

Good luck to him. Can't blame anyone for having ambition but there is a way to handle the situation. Simon, please do not believe everything you read in Nicky Bailey's autobiography!

Back