• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Simon francis

Great player in fairness. Loved watching him on his day. Defending a little suspect at times but on his day he was fantastic.

Yeah good player. Says a lot that he's signed a 3 year deal (extension) with a championship club. My mates a Charlton fan though and he never rated him. :unsure: strange huh.

Given that he was (is?) a defender, I have seen him score with his left foot, his right foot and (I think) his head.

Good on his day ........... but at other times, it was quite scary to see the opposition winger taking him on ....:'(

Last edited:
i also have charlton supporting friends, simons problem was that he went there and there were 2 right bacs already there and 1 was a real fans favourite, francis didnt get much of a look in and when he did people always moaned that their favourite player had been dropped. very good player imo

i also have charlton supporting friends, simons problem was that he went there and there were 2 right bacs already there and 1 was a real fans favourite, francis didnt get much of a look in and when he did people always moaned that their favourite player had been dropped. very good player imo

Is that Chris Solly you refer to? I agree though, Francis was a top player.

Chris Solly is a real quality player. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the PL in the not to distant future. Probably not with Charlton.

Looks like he will be playing against Real Madrid too. £60 a ticket!

Nominated for the Championship Player of the Month for March. Seems to be coping with that level better than he did with us.

Always had the ability and technique, just didn't seem to have much between his ears at times. Seems to have developed very well - he was only 21 I think when we signed him.

I always thought he was a good player for us, was just young and learning.

Yeah he was definitely a good player for us - however you could guarantee there'd be a howler or a 'switch off' moment from him each game.

Back