• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you give the club £30?

• Yes

Votes: 83 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 93 52.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
In order to provide funds to the club ahead of the new season, would you part with a one-off payment of £30?

I'm not organising it; I just want to know people's responses. Simple yes or no, no justification needed either way.

If there were certain or specific conditions for how the money is spent and that was somethig I agreed with, then yes.

If the money was going to be frittered away and there was little accountablity for it, then no.

If there were certain or specific conditions for how the money is spent and that was somethig I agreed with, then yes.

If the money was going to be frittered away and there was little accountablity for it, then no.

No, no conditions attached - just a one-off payment to help the club for whatever. Once you've given something, you can't really dictate what it's used for. You can request, but can't guarantee. And everyone please note - it's "would" and not "could" so take affordability out of the equation. Assuming you had the money, would you?

In that case no. I would rather donate via the Trust (or dare I say it SUISA!!!) who could arrange a long term loan facility. Once the club is on a more stable footing, the loan could be repaid.

Sadly, I don't trust the business judgements of some of those at the top. At least not in relation to running this club.

If I had it the club would get it .After supporting my home club for 45 long years . I am not going to give up on it now .

Up to £180 now. Oh well that'll fill up the Bentley.

I would, they are my club and i would want to help them in as many ways as possible. But there are many risks to it due to our ***** finances so it would depend on how many others did it.

Not unless it was ring fenced and controlled by another Chairman. It would just disappear into the black hole, like the Wembley windfall.

At the end of the day, no matter how much of a helmet martin is, at least he does want us to get promoted (even if for his selfish reasons). The more money, the better the players we can get. Look at the likes of bradford getting 10,000 in every game, there's a direct effect of revenue and promotion clearly, wish other sufc fans could see it that was and pack the hall out every week

At the end of the day, no matter how much of a helmet martin is, at least he does want us to get promoted (even if for his selfish reasons). The more money, the better the players we can get. Look at the likes of bradford getting 10,000 in every game, there's a direct effect of revenue and promotion clearly, wish other sufc fans could see it that was and pack the hall out every week

Then ask yourself why we dont offer cheap season cards like Bradford?

I would give a great deal more if I could guarantee it's 'proper' use, but that is so subjective I couldn't ever see it work.

His books are available here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Helmut-Martin/e/B001I7ZKUY

Back