• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Singers / Bands that everyone likes apart from you.....

You're wrong abou Amy Winehouse.She could have been a great jazz singer.Joe Jackson is worth a listen too.The Smiths were a first rate pop band.Even Abba had their moments (visually at least)!Even Kate Bush made one decent album(her first).

Not really wrong, as the title of the thread is Singers / Bands that everyone likes apart from you.....Actually you have proved him right...

BTW I agree with Joe Jackson, first two albums are great

A few I agree with on here
Bob Dylan
Van Morrison
Ed Sheeran

One that I haven't seen mentioned who I can't stand
Eminem

I find a lot of the bands/artists listed I like a song or maybe two or three, so It's hard to write any of them off as not likeable at all.

Good example being ABBA. For every 'Voulez Vous' there's a strong track like 'Eagle' or 'The Day Before you Came'

A few I agree with on here
Bob Dylan
Van Morrison
Ed Sheeran

One that I haven't seen mentioned who I can't stand
Eminem

Another good example. Eminem. Not keen on most of it, but 'When I'm Gone' is a superb track.

so is Rap God, and most of his first album.
I can't stand the sound of his voice which instantly puts me off, I'm sure he has some decent lyrics but what I have heard (which will only be radio play) his rhymes are very average and he gets lauded as some lyrical genius.

Not really wrong, as the title of the thread is Singers / Bands that everyone likes apart from you.....Actually you have proved him right...

BTW I agree with Joe Jackson, first two albums are great

Not really though I agree with a great number of his dislikes (apart from the ones I mentioned obviously).

The Eagles
Pink Floyd
Oasis
Morrissey/The Smiths

....and one that will upset a few - David Bowie.

Believe I have.As I've said I'm far from an unconditional fan.Though I really did like her when she first appeared on the scene.

'The Hounds of Love' as Brett Anderson described, contains the magic on Side Two. 'The Ninth Wave' is a conceptual piece of brilliance.

'The Dreaming' was the first album where she let the shackles off slightly and started experimenting. There are so many layers to it. It lends itself to 'Siouxsie & The Banshees' at times and other times to other artists around, but it's still very unique and complex.

I'll drop a track from it later.

Foo Fighters and Muse; both of them popular enough to sell out Wembley Stadium, yet both are the very definition of average. I just don't get it.

Back