• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Singers / Bands that everyone likes apart from you.....

What an odd post. Thought it was a bit of friendly banter.

Didn't think you were taking it seriously.

The Carpenters. I remember they had a revival a few years ago and the cool set latched onto them. Syrupy maudlin ****e.

Wash your mouth out @MK Shrimper, hoping to convert you here. (Yes I know it ain't going to happen).

The Carpenters with Karen Carpenter on lead vocals who died tragically back in 1983, here is my tribute to Karen.

No.10. For All We Know

No.9. Goodbye to love

No. 8. I Won’t Last a Day Without You

No.7. Merry Christmas, Darling

No. 6. Yesterday Once More

No. 5. Rainy Days and Mondays

No. 4. Top of the World

No. 3. We’ve Only Just Begun

No. 2. Superstar

No. 1. (They Long to Be) Close to You”

Where I work, they insist on having Pulse Radio on every day and they have a very narrow playlist. They play the same discs at least twice a day, everyday.

I absolutely hate that song about Something in the Water.

Take Me to Church - too painfully awful.

Xs and Os song, just make it stop.

It would seem to me that the first two artists probably think they have written anthems, no these are just rubbish overblown dirges that should never be played ever again!

Last edited:
Don't get Adele either, same bland music, which appeals to millions by her sales and sell out concerts, but just couldnot sit through a single track let alone a two hour concert

Queen, Arctic Monkeys, Blur, Rag and Bone Man, George Ezra and Boy George.

Have to confess I quite like Queen (and even saw them live back in the day).Certainly agree about Blur and Boy George.Afraid I don't know the other two.

Edit.Have heard (and got a record) by the Arctic Monkeys but can't say I like them much either.

Last edited:
Back