• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Singers / Bands that everyone likes apart from you.....

Have to confess I quite like Queen (and even saw them live back in the day).

Used to like Queen, as well. 'Seven Seas of Rhye' and 'Now I'm Here' were great songs, but slowly started to dislike them as I grew older.

I guess that can be said of a lot of bands, as we grow up.

Used to like Queen, as well. 'Seven Seas of Rhye' and 'Now I'm Here' were great songs, but slowly started to dislike them as I grew older.

Yeah I think the hype about them these days is OTT.Still I got some brownie points from a LFB pupil who was listening to them on her headphones, (after class)last week, when I told her I'd seen them live in Barna back in the day.

Looking back at their albums, the first two Queen I and Queen II were just before they really become mainstream.

A Night at the Opera being the main kickstart.

Adele - ****

Oasis - **** music, **** musicianship, laughable lyrics. I'm embarrassed they are from the same country as me

Queen - Absolute ****ing ****. Brian May is a **** who can **** off right now. Same with the drummer.

Primal Scream - That **** Bobby Gillespie can **** right off, the no talent **** **** prick.

Kasabian - Sound as bad as they look, which is like ****.

Paul Weller - **** hair, **** music, **** musician. Go jump off a cliff you smug ****.
Agree with all of that except Queen.

Im the opposite, I am re discovering old bands i used to like but am appreciating them even more now ( theme for another music related thread ?).
Latest is Big Country and “the crossing”.
They must have been so much bigger if they had got the invite to live aid ( geldof thought they had split up).

Im the opposite, I am re discovering old bands i used to like but am appreciating them even more now ( theme for another music related thread ?).
Latest is Big Country and “the crossing”.
They must have been so much bigger if they had got the invite to live aid ( geldof thought they had split up).

Not a great fan of Big Country but sort of feel the same way about Beautiful South.Never did get to see them live but thoroughly enjotyed seeing Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott a few years ago now here in Badalona.

What line MK? No offence intended, unless you like those bands I mentioned..

Paul Weller does have **** hair though.

Oh I forgot about Pink Floyd.. Utter, utter cobblers. Absolute ****. **** of the highest (or lowest) order. A poo pile as large as Anne Diamonds arse. A big, stinky skidmark on the history of British Music.

So undecided on Pink Floyd then.

Wasn't overly a fan, but my mate was and I did see The Style Council live with Dee C.Lee (she was singing, not sitting in the crowd with me!).

Off the back of it, I bought Cafe Bleu, which isn't too bad.

What line MK? No offence intended, unless you like those bands I mentioned..

Paul Weller does have **** hair though.

Oh I forgot about Pink Floyd.. Utter, utter cobblers. Absolute ****. **** of the highest (or lowest) order. A poo pile as large as Anne Diamonds arse. A big, stinky skidmark on the history of British Music.
Pink Floyd post Syd Barrett I’ll agree on. They had the odd decent tune but mainly w@nky twaddle but that’s just my opinion..was never one for 17 minute songs (unless they’re decent) and concept albums. “Prog Rock” in general can go in the bin.

'Set the controls for the heart of the sun' is an extraordinary piece of music, as a lot of Floyd's pre-Dark Side of the Moon is.

Not an easy listen, I grant you, but definitely on my radar in those days.

Back