• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Sit in Protest Today

Courtesy of SOS Twitter…

Seems a fair and balanced course of action at short notice to me.

Hopefully the majority of fans can get behind this after the game.

The Shrimpers Trust support the 15 minute protest after the game and will be joining this too. We encourage all supporters who are able to do the same. Please get behind the team during the game. More to follow

On a serious note, good to see any sort of action against Ron. What must not happen is downing of the fight against Ron if we win a few games or promises made. Enough is enough (it has been long ago).

A good idea! Hope most fans join in, problem is that not all are Shrimperzone devotees but hopefully the word can be spread at the match.

so Ron will either not go to the game or Fck off early while people just sit there and chant

been there with Vic Jobson all those years ago so good luck with the protests I'm all for it as a message needs to be sent.

but unless some serious incestors step in this clown will continue to own this club,I thought Stan gave us hope that he had people with money to step in and take over........that seems to have dissapered like a puff of smoke on the breeze

We have to get this man out of the club.! All those people that have always stuck by him surely you have had enough by now. We need every supporter to behind getting him out. Also we need to stick by the people not getting paid by him doing great work on match days and other times when no matches are on. #martinout

Any form of protest is a waste of effort.
Ron isn't going anywhere. If he does go so will the club he holds all the aces I'm afraid.
My worry is if you protest what effect have on the players which would disappointing since the team appears to have turned the corner.

so Ron will either not go to the game or Fck off early while people just sit there and chant

been there with Vic Jobson all those years ago so good luck with the protests I'm all for it as a message needs to be sent.

but unless some serious incestors step in this clown will continue to own this club,I thought Stan gave us hope that he had people with money to step in and take over........that seems to have dissapered like a puff of smoke on the breeze

Whether he is there or not or whether any of the directors are there it will show that collectively we as supporters all feel the same in regards into our club

I just want to go to the game, support the team and then leave. Utterly pointless protests are going to achieve nothing and will just impact the players and coaching staff morale hearing this news. I fail to see what this achieves.

We have the best group of players, coaches and back room staff for several years. I will get fully behind the team and then leave! Now is not the time or the place,it was a year ago, not now.

Whether he is there or not or whether any of the directors are there it will show that collectively we as supporters all feel the same in regards into our club
You can protest until the cows come home which is fine and Dandy and I hope that those who don't wish to take part are not verburly abused like they where on previous actions, but unless serious investors pop up out of the woodwork he will still own the club on Sunday and Monday and for the forseable future..........

all fair and good but at the moment Ron Martin still owns the club and until this changes these embargos and tax issue will continue.......I won't hold my breath

I just want to go to the game, support the team and then leave. Utterly pointless protests are going to achieve nothing and will just impact the players and coaching staff morale hearing this news. I fail to see what this achieves.

We have the best group of players, coaches and back room staff for several years. I will get fully behind the team and then leave! Now is not the time or the place,it was a year ago, not now.
Have you actually read the statement? Ypu do realise that showing nothing but 100% support and backing for the players until the last of them has left the pitch is exactly what we are advocating, right? Or have you just read it how you want to read it?

Have you actually read the statement? Ypu do realise that showing nothing but 100% support and backing for the players until the last of them has left the pitch is exactly what we are advocating, right? Or have you just read it how you want to read it?
I don’t normally get angry, after 35 years of following this club up and down the land, but I am now. It’s doesn't matter how you do it, negative vibe and connotations and utterly pointlessl I disagree with this and I hope the majority of the fan base does as well.

I don’t like people pointing stuff out in bold, I can read. Best I come off this forum for now.

Stan you are a very patient man and keep up the amazing work.

Back