• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Site Sponsorship

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
The Directors of the Zone would like to thank FBM for once again continuing to be our main sponsor of the forums for the next year..This is greatly appreciated and goes along way towards the running costs and the implementation of all upgrades and keeps the Zone moving forward...

Thanks very much..:clap:

We would also like to thank all the smaller sponsors that contribute by having adverts in their sigs and If anybody would like one to promote their company, please Pm an Owner.

I know you are trying to get donations. Ever thought about asking for a membership fee. I know some wouldnt like it , but the level of quality on the zone is such that to go elsewhere would be foolhardy.

Say a £2.50 a year membership. Thats like just over 5p a week. How many people use the zone? Im guessing we must have atleast a 1000 users with more that have registered and use less frequently.

Why not have a month long poll with a majority rule.

I know you are trying to get donations. Ever thought about asking for a membership fee. I know some wouldnt like it , but the level of quality on the zone is such that to go elsewhere would be foolhardy.

Say a £2.50 a year membership. Thats like just over 5p a week. How many people use the zone? Im guessing we must have atleast a 1000 users with more that have registered and use less frequently.

I would be up for that and maybe a enhanced members forum for paying customers?

The Zone has so many 'passing trade' visitors, a membership fee would stop all that in it's tracks. No more visits from fans from other clubs and a reduction in new members as whilst £2.50 is pretty much nothing, the process of having to pay would stop people from bothering.

The Zone has so many 'passing trade' visitors, a membership fee would stop all that in it's tracks. No more visits from fans from other clubs and a reduction in new members as whilst £2.50 is pretty much nothing, the process of having to pay would stop people from bothering.

Indeed.

The only feasible way this would work was to possibly make the social forums, like The Pub, TechnoZone etc, only accessible to those willing to pay the nominal joining fee.

I'm sure most would agree that paying a small amount would still fair enough for the value people get from here, but having so many posters make this site what it is. People are still free to 'donate' the equivalent of a membership fee without being forced to do so, so maybe just pushing that or making it easier for people to donate will remind people that donations are needed.

A forum I frequent (although not a member) has a tiered membership system.

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?app=subscriptions

Now I know some of the benefits are more like 'mod' roles, but perhaps if payment could see increased PM space, ability to tweek you own threads or whatever, it might raise a bit more fundage.

Another thing to add, absolutely superb work by the Owners... the site looks absolutely fantastic and it's great to see lots more new members

Didn't realise that fbm is Mr G Jnr... (presume MG?) Makes me wonder how many others on here might be people who'd surprise me...

Can I just say that there are younger members on the board who would find it difficult or impossible to find a membership fee? (such as students, teenagers and the like, who have a hard enough time trying to keep enough cash in the kitty to pay off all their RL stuff, let alone online). Not saying it's a bad idea, but logisitically for memebers, getting the money may be difficult.

We have no plans to ask for membership fees. If people would like to contribute via the link on the front page, or pay £25 a year to sponsor a signature, or open betting accounts via the links in the mod signatures, then fantastic. However, SZ - as long as this bunch of owners are behind the wheel - will continue as a totally free site.

Can I just say that there are younger members on the board who would find it difficult or impossible to find a membership fee? (such as students, teenagers and the like, who have a hard enough time trying to keep enough cash in the kitty to pay off all their RL stuff, let alone online). Not saying it's a bad idea, but logisitically for memebers, getting the money may be difficult.

Having considered it, I think the subscription fee is a winner.

I agree with this.

I'm sure most would agree that paying a small amount would still fair enough for the value people get from here, but having so many posters make this site what it is. People are still free to 'donate' the equivalent of a membership fee without being forced to do so, so maybe just pushing that or making it easier for people to donate will remind people that donations are needed.

This is spot on IMO, donations can be made at any time for whatever amount you feel you can donate.Although these should always be followed up with a PM to one of the owners, letting us know it is a donation.

Agreed, we do not want to force anything on anybody.

Another thing to add, absolutely superb work by the Owners... the site looks absolutely fantastic and it's great to see lots more new members

Thanks Jon, it is always nice to get positive feedback on the site.:)

I may also like to add that the site is fantastic and well done on the recent upgrade.

I was just thinking can you not make money by having banners/advertisements on the sides of the site?

Just a suggestion that you may want to look into. You might want a look at Google AdSense :)
http://www.google.com/services/adsense_tour/index.html

Last edited:
I may also like to add that the site is fantastic and well done on the recent upgrade.

I was just thinking can you not make money by having banners/advertisements on the sides of the site?

Just a suggestion that you may want to look into. You might want a look at Google AdSense :)
http://www.google.com/services/adsense_tour/index.html

TBH we try our best to keep away from the normal run of the mill websites covered with adverts.....we would not like to go down that road although we are very aware of all the links available, we prefer to keep this site "clean" if at all possible, but thanks anyway.

TBH we try our best to keep away from the normal run of the mill websites covered with adverts.....we would not like to go down that road although we are very aware of all the links available, we prefer to keep this site "clean" if at all possible, but thanks anyway.

I think the site is the best that I have seen. Other fairly good ones are spoiled by those blasted adverts. Once again, great work guys, and great ethics.

We have had such a fantastic donation from lucky luca's father tonight...D.O.L.L. I am staggered by his generosity.We must be doing something right.

The Owners of the Zone are honestly shocked and humbled when such offers of help to aid in the continued growth of YOUR ShrimperZone..come forward.

Thanks to you all.

John.

A huge thanks to Dad of Lucky Luca - I'm bowled over by your generosity! Thanks also, of course, to FBM for his continued sponsorship of, and support for, the Zone.

:clap:

Back