• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Six Nations 2017

mattitouk

Life President
Thought I would start this thread, as it all begins this weekend.

What a great 1st day!

England win ugly against the French to break a 146 year old record of making it 15 consecutive wins (now unbeaten since October 2015).

Scotland hold on for a narrow win against the Irish (despite being 21-5 up at one stage & then losing 22-21 at another stage). I thought I heard the commentator on the telly, say something like "it's only the 2nd time in the competitions history that Scotland have won their opening game.

Last edited:
Thought I would start this thread, as it all begins this weekend.

What a great 1st day!

England win ugly against the French to break a 146 year old record of making it 15 consecutive wins (now unbeaten since October 2015).

Scotland hold on for a narrow win against the Irish (despite being 21-5 up at one stage & then losing 22-21 at another stage). I thought I heard the commentator on the telly, say something like "it's only the 2nd time in the competitions history that Scotland have won their opening game.

I doubt that's true, unless they're talking since it became a 6 nations. After all, they've done the grand slam 3 times.

Yeah I think they were referring to the modern format.

I'm really looking forward to the game against Scotland tomorrow, but i'm not that confident since watching the less then convincing wins against Wales and Italy.

However if we can pull off another win, we will become the joint record holder (along side the All Blacks) for the most consecutive test wins by a leading international side, as well as taking the Calcutta cup of course (nothing nicer than beating the sweaty socks in any sport)

I'm trying really hard not to get to far ahead of myself, but you never know... We could be the sole record holders!!.. if we manage to beat Ireland in the final match of the 6 nations, taking the Triple Crown, the Millennium Trophy & of course the Championship Trophy as well.
What a magnificent achievement that would be, not only in English rugby history, but that off any any 1st class international team in Rugby Union history.

Feeling better about tomorrow. Vunipola coming back in is a massive lift for us. Still wondering how far we are away from dropping Hartley and starting George permanently. Presumably not for the rest of the 6 nations but don't think we should be too far away.

Back