• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
My, how time has flown!

A thoroughly enjoyable stay in Glasgow, a thoroughly embarrassing performance by yours truly balanced out by a thoroughly brilliant performance by our much missed H, and a valiant attempt by him and MK in the final round.

Eggheads.jpg

ShrimperZoners' appearance on Eggheads, for those of you who have joined since. And to pre-empt the inevitable, no, we still don't know when it's going to be on again - the episode is unavailable on iplayer!!!

Unlike the team that took on the Eggheads, Southend United have won every single match played on this day (7 of them) including the most recent one, a 4-0 win over QPR which took us to the two-legged LDV Southern Final en route to Cardiff.

Also a 2-0 win at Orient with Ben Abbey scoring twice and a Tilly winner against Portsmouth in Division One (the Championship, for our younger members).

Date is also memorable to me as it's the date my husband proposed to me! :blush: That was 4 years ago today!

My, how time has flown!

A thoroughly enjoyable stay in Glasgow, a thoroughly embarrassing performance by yours truly balanced out by a thoroughly brilliant performance by our much missed H, and a valiant attempt by him and MK in the final round.

View attachment 3897

ShrimperZoners' appearance on Eggheads, for those of you who have joined since. And to pre-empt the inevitable, no, we still don't know when it's going to be on again - the episode is unavailable on iplayer!!!
For the uninitiated, could you undertake a left to right who's who of our team, please?

For the uninitiated, could you undertake a left to right who's who of our team, please?
Certainly can, some are no longer part of SZ for various reasons....

Hutton, MK Shrimper, Canvey Shrimper (RIP H x), myself, Southampton Shrimper; Glasgow Shrimper. Hutton was our reserve player, he'd have done better than I did on my round as it turns out!

Southampton Shrimper went first with Geography, then Glasgow with TV & film, I had Art & Lit, Harry had Sport - he won his round so he and MK were in the final.

Unlike the team that took on the Eggheads, Southend United have won every single match played on this day (7 of them) including the most recent one, a 4-0 win over QPR which took us to the two-legged LDV Southern Final en route to Cardiff.

Also a 2-0 win at Orient with Ben Abbey scoring twice and a Tilly winner against Portsmouth in Division One (the Championship, for our younger members).

Unfortunately that information taken unashamedly straight from the usually reliable SUFC DB site is incomplete. I thought it was statistically improbable that we wouldn't have played on that date at all in the last 12 years so checked. The games above happened as described, but there was also a 1-1 draw at Orient (Walker's finest moment) and a 1-0 home defeat to Derby since then.

Back