• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Razam

Coach
I'm not sure if there is anything fishy here but I was just browsing through SUFC's ebay feedback page, I was just curious as to how much the charity shirts sold for, and 3 things caught my eye which I think is a little wrong from the club's side - one in particular, although minor, may need an explanation.

The clubs ebay feedback page is HERE.

1) The first thing that caught my eye was the 'Neutral Feedback' the club got from an Adam Barratt shirt sale in July 2009
Adam Barrett match-worn NEW 09/10 Southend United Shirt (#250440914335)
£240.00
06-Jul-09 22:27
"received sat 4/7/ 09 as expected . no authenticty letter which is needed aswell"

Shouldn't the club provide authenticity documents for the shirts they sell?

2)When I looked at ALL the feedback the club left for the generous fans who bought the shirts, I was pretty surprised to find the club couldn't even be bothered to leave a "Thank you" feedback. The page is HERE. Pretty poor show!

3) But the thing that may need an explanation for is THIS. Someone from the club, used the club's ebay page - which is mainly used to sell charity shirts - to buy a pair of cufflinks!! (The closest match I could find is THIS from the same seller, which costs £30 in total)

Now if it was genuine mistake & paid for from a personal PayPal account or something, then fine. But if someone used SUFC accounts, or worse the charity money, to pay for the cufflinks then I reckon that would need an explanation.

I know it's only a small amount, but what do you guys think?

I'm not sure if there is anything fishy here but I was just browsing through SUFC's ebay feedback page, I was just curious as to how much the charity shirts sold for, and 3 things caught my eye which I think is a little wrong from the club's side - one in particular, although minor, may need an explanation.

1) The first thing that caught my eye was the 'Neutral Feedback' the club got from an Adam Barratt shirt sale in July 2009

2)When I looked at ALL the feedback the club left for the generous fans who bought the shirts, I was pretty surprised to find the club couldn't even be bothered to leave a "Thank you" feedback. The page is HERE. Pretty poor show!

3) But the thing that may need an explanation for is THIS. Someone from the club, used the club's ebay page - which is mainly used to sell charity shirts - to buy a pair of cufflinks!! (The closest match I could find is THIS from the same seller, which costs £30 in total)

Now if it was genuine mistake & paid for from a personal PayPal account or something, then fine. But if someone used SUFC accounts, or worse the charity money, to pay for the cufflinks then I reckon that would need an explanation.

Southend not doing things properly?

That's definately a "dog bites man" story

:sherlock:

Hhmmm, somethings not quite right there Razam:sherlock:

I purchased one of the charity shirts for £185, but mine did include the authenticity letter as promised. However, like already spotted in the OP, I was a little peeved to not receive any feedback back from the seller.

This is absolutely appalling. I've also heard that some club employees (senior ones as well!) use SUFC telephones to make personal phone calls. I'm going to cancel my season ticket.

The club's an absolute shambles.

If paid for by club money it will almost certainly be a gift from the club to someone. In business there are some expenses that might have a blind eye turned to (laptops for personal use, phone calls, mobile phones, etc) but cufflinks are a different matter entirely - RM might be skint, might be running the club into the ground, might be bad at pr - but I don't think he's stupid.

Ps when typing skint into my iPhone it tried to change it to slimy - I couldn't possibly comment.

I think I really dont care.

A pair of cufflinks on an ebay account. Wow.

Back