• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Skoda

chadded

Not striking since 2004
A few months back, I ordered a Skoda Octavia VRS Blackline, because it was a good deal, and the car is pretty damn sexy, and goes like **** off a stick. When I say ordered, I placed the order through a company, and prior to doiung the paperwork, rang Skoda to confirm availability etc, which was affirmative. So at this point, I've got a written agreement for a new car.

Imagine my disappointment then yesterday to get a telephone call from the company I ordered the car with, who tell me Skoda do not have a car for you (I don't want it until the end of April) but all they can do is offer me the estate version, which is blatently someone elses cancelled order.

They have only made 500 of these cars, which is one of the reasons I ordered it, and now I'm waiting for them to get back to me to see what they can do, but I'm really not happy.

Anyone care to offer any advice, once they've stopped laughing at my expense?

Yeah get in touch with the dealer and raise hell. Then tell Skoda UK PR you are a serving officer and this is damaging to your morale.

Think yourself lucky that you won't be driving a Skoda.

Did you specify the hand warmers on the back when going through options?

Funnily enough Audi tried playing the same game with me a few years ago and after as naps put it creating Mary hell I got what I wanted!!!!

****ing car company's are as bad as mobile networks, all *****

Great cars, I had a 4x4 octavia turbo, all the engine and gearbox/brakes are straight from audi TT and half of the other bits straight from a golf GTi.
I have been looking for another since, should never have sold it, 80,000 + miles and not even a light bulb went.

Go back to dealer, kick up a stink and get a new model for same price. Good luck.

Great cars, I had a 4x4 octavia turbo, all the engine and gearbox/brakes are straight from audi TT and half of the other bits straight from a golf GTi.
I have been looking for another since, should never have sold it, 80,000 + miles and not even a light bulb went.

Go back to dealer, kick up a stink and get a new model for same price. Good luck.

Got to agree, Skoda (VW by any other name) are no longer a joke in the motoring world. Essex Police have a couple of those VRS badboys and they are seriously tasty toys.

This is the car I want....

car_photo_548833_7.jpg

This is what the estate looks like...

photo-9.jpg

It's good, but it's not right.

I've got (was given :smile: ) an Octavia Diesel. Tomorrow I have to get my son from Inverness, and the clock will (snow and deer permitting) slide gracefully past 250k, and I have had almost no problem with it, and nothing major.

Back