• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sky box wifi adaptor advice

aye, or must i pay Sky for the proper one

Also, with the latest update on the iPhone app, you can control your sky box with your phone (as a remote) if both are on the same wifi

Thanks for that Dav, I feel a purchase coming on...and I'm going for one without the antenna!

Cool, if I run into any problems getting it to work, expect a pm lol

Hmm, doesnt appear to work, as couldn't find an option on the sky menu to acess the USB.

On the plus side, i just phoned up Sky and haggled the official wifi reciever for free (that plugs into the ethanet slot), so should be working in 5 days anyway!

Hmm, doesnt appear to work, as couldn't find an option on the sky menu to acess the USB.

On the plus side, i just phoned up Sky and haggled the official wifi reciever for free (that plugs into the ethanet slot), so should be working in 5 days anyway!

How did you manage that you jammy sod? I didn't buy mine yet, sorry mate competely forgot :blush:

Just looked online, seem the consensus is the USB port does f**k all!

Sorry to be a bit dim, but is this to access the Box Sets etc on Sky Plus?

If so I'm going to haggle with Sky to get a freebie.

Is this just to get your sky box onto your home network ?

If so cant you just use a cat5 cable and a powerline adaptor ?

Is this just to get your sky box onto your home network ?

If so cant you just use a cat5 cable and a powerline adaptor ?

You can, but it's very unslightly to have cables trailing around your house in the days of wireless technology.

How did you manage that you jammy sod? I didn't buy mine yet, sorry mate competely forgot :blush:

Just looked online, seem the consensus is the USB port does f**k all!

Since my leaseholders are knobs, and wont upgrade our communal dish (shared ownership properties... dont do it!), i only have a single feed, which means i can't record and watch at the same time. I use this as my sob story every time i phone up Sky, and it seems to work with most things i need/want.

The young Scottish lady seemed in agreement, that despite paying £80 a month, it was a travesty i had to make a choice between A League of Their Own, and The Walking Dead every Friday, and if only i had the small device that meant i could do it, my life would be better off. :violin:

You can, but it's very unslightly to have cables trailing around your house in the days of wireless technology.

Thats why you use powerline, they utilise the power sockets so you only have to have a cable from the power socket to the device. Can be much quicker and more stable than wireless depending on the cables too and not subject to having to share the wifi bandwidth.

Back