• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SKY - Does Accuracy really matter?

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
I watched the game back last night and did have to chuckle to SKY's ability to not let facts get in the way of exaggerated commentary!!

Don't know if anyone else noticed but apparently...

1. The attendance of 10,100 was the biggest league crowd for ten years!! Hmm, just where did they look to find that stat?

2. Peter Taylor was in charge on the opening game of the season when we played Forest before, which ended in a 1-1 draw?.... Again, where did they get that stat from? I know Bazza has put on more weight recently, but I dont think anyone could mistake Mr Fry for Mr Taylor!!

Oh bless them for trying to look like the actually know anything which doesnt revolve around the Premier$hite!!

Mind you, I suppose we should be thankful for small mercies... No Ronnie Whelan in the studio!

Both points had been picked up on but I think it's worth reiterating how poor Sky can be. Not much annoys me more than lazy, inaccurate journalism.

To be fair to George Gavin who introduces most of the Football League games he does know what goes on in the lower divisions as does Jeff Stelling.

It is mainly the commentators who are slack in their research.

although as already stated tony gale didnt have a bad match vs forest and has been fairly accurate so far. if i can remember he also did woking vs grays on saturday to which i found him decent

Tony Gale seems to know his stuff very well. He bigged us and Freddy up in the Play Off final and did the same again v Forest.

even though he's an ex-Wet Spammer I'd take him any day

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Oct. 11 2005,14:18)]even though he's an ex-Wet Spammer I'd take him any day
Won't Che be jealous?

tounge.gif

On the same subject (ish) Metro smoothly talked about Shaun Wright-Phillips of Manchester City playing for England yesterday.

I mean, it was only the biggest transfer of the summer. Easy to miss really.

(Then again, it is a free paper so I feel wrong complaining!)

I feel SKY should really pay more attention to the lower leagues. Tony Gale did a good job on Sunday and he seemed to know all about the lower leagues but there is too many Premier$hite loving commentators and analysts for my liking.

Apart from Mr Jeff Stelling of course!

Back