• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sky or Virgin Media

Sutton Who

First XI
Moved into a new place about a month ago, now things have settled down a bit, have been thinking about getting Sky or Virgin Media, mainly sports for me and kids channels for lil-ones.

Just wondered if anyone had any advice on which company would be better going with

Alternate between the two every 12 months (or whenever the contracts expire, assume these are 12 months), will save you a lot of money.

Sky all the way. If you have a mate who works for sky helps too as you get vouchers like 50% off for a year.

Virgin - as long as they sort out a deal to include ESPN / BT Sports

Virgin gets my vote due to Broadband, and the TV recording is better.

Downside is you dont get quite as many HD channels.

Sky Atlantic is the dealbreaker for me really. If it wasn't for that, I'd move to Virgin in a flash.

Sky Atlantic is probably the biggest loss.

I personally watch shows before they get there, but can certainly understand why that would be a deal breaker, probably hosts most of the shows I bother to watch.

Sky Atlantic is the dealbreaker for me really. If it wasn't for that, I'd move to Virgin in a flash.

I'm very happy with Sky anyway, but like you, Sky Atlantic really is the biggest difference. I got a flyer through the other day from Virgin saying they could offer me all my favourite channels and as they don't offer Sky Atlantic that promise is wide of the mark.

I used to think I'd never live without Sky Atlantic, must if you look again, apart from the occasional show (GOT, Boardwalk etc) it's just repeats of ER. I'm on YouView and I don't miss it at all and I think it's a great little box, especially if you want continual reruns of Peppa Pig. :sad:

Then again I don't watch sports.

I used to think I'd never live without Sky Atlantic, must if you look again, apart from the occasional show (GOT, Boardwalk etc) it's just repeats of ER. I'm on YouView and I don't miss it at all and I think it's a great little box, especially if you want continual reruns of Peppa Pig. :sad:

It's showing The Wire at the moment.

Still a repeat and I'd imagine you've got the box sets. There's a huge lack of new shows on Sky Atlantic.

The new shows are spread out I agree. Also, Friday Night Lights is being shown again from the start today at 4pm, definitely set it up on series link - you'll love it mate.

And Friday Night Lights. And Mad Men.

Can you get all five Sky Sports channels (1,2,3,4 and News) with anyone other than Sky?

The new shows are spread out I agree. Also, Friday Night Lights is being shown again from the start today at 4pm, definitely set it up on series link - you'll love it mate.

Probably would if I had Sky! I think I'll add that onto the list with Breaking Bad that I've still not seen.

And Friday Night Lights. And Mad Men.

Can you get all five Sky Sports channels (1,2,3,4 and News) with anyone other than Sky?

Yep, I can get the sports packages (and movies) but I don't want them. It's just Atlantic that Sky don't share.

Back