• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SKY Sports and Players Wages

Donot know if this is old recycled news by Sky Sports, but at 6.30 am this morning, they announced that Southend players have not been paid again.

As above not sure if its old news and they are filling in time, whilst assessing Rooneys injury to make it a headliner, or they have just received the news from a source.

hmmmm not sure about this one.. assuming they get paid on the last day of the month .. i.e today, at 6.30 in the morning, how would they know unless someone was already told they wouldnt be paid on time?

hmmmm not sure about this one.. assuming they get paid on the last day of the month .. i.e today, at 6.30 in the morning, how would they know unless someone was already told they wouldnt be paid on time?

Perhaps a local luxury watch merchant (wind up merchant?) put two and two together and phoned the Sky sports newsdesk?

Last edited:
Despite all Ron Martin's reassurances at the Q&As meeting that everything is in hand (don't worry), most of us would have bet on some or all of the players not being paid this month.

Ron Martin's obviously juggling debts until some expected funds arrive. I don't think he'd be adopting this approach if he thought the money wouldn't materialise soon.

He's obviously managed to convince the players, Trust, courts etc. that the money is really on its way. The fact is that it obviously hasn't arrived yet, and that debts are still only being paid when they absolutely must be. It looks as if the players don't fall into that category just yet.

Ron Martin's obviously juggling debts until some expected funds arrive. I don't think he'd be adopting this approach if he thought the money wouldn't materialise soon.

He's obviously managed to convince the players, Trust, courts etc. that the money is really on its way. The fact is that it obviously hasn't arrived yet, and that debts are still only being paid when they absolutely must be. It looks as if the players don't fall into that category just yet.

Ron's a very clever man. Someone told me he has a Masters Degree in robbing Peter to pay Paul.

The money would go into the account at midnight last night.
Paul Brush didn't receive his weekly payoff and he contacted Sky Sports.

why this massive assumption that the players get paid on the last day of the month??

to be honest, that would be a very unusual practice.

why this massive assumption that the players get paid on the last day of the month??

to be honest, that would be a very unusual practice.

It certainly would be in our case ... very unusual.

Must be right, otherwise we'd have paid the PFA back instead of the players, and wouldn't be under a transfer embargo.

Get some players on loan, then get another loan from the PFA to pay March salaries, and get ourselves out of the relgation zone as going down would be FATAL!!!!....

I think its the £200,000 payment we have to come up with in 2 weeks that I am worried about, would be nice to be a Ron Blog saying I have the money, we have paid HMRC and we dont have to go to court next week

Originally Posted by Suffolk Blue

Probably waiting for Saturdays gate money!

Obviously there has been a huge difference in the figures this month, something they have had to factor in that has not happened for a while..............a WIN BONUS

Certainly worrying seeing as we only have until the 14th before we are back in court again and with no revenue coming through at the mo.

Also are we not due to start digging on FF by the summer (I am sure that he said that at the Q&A session). How on earth can we start that, if we are not even able to pay the staff their wages owed.

Seems to be more mysterious everyday

Certainly worrying seeing as we only have until the 14th before we are back in court again and with no revenue coming through at the mo.

Also are we not due to start digging on FF by the summer (I am sure that he said that at the Q&A session). How on earth can we start that, if we are not even able to pay the staff their wages owed.

Seems to be more mysterious everyday

I still think it absurd the question wasnt asked at the Q&A how will we be paying players.

Too much time spent asking why Herd wasnt playing :(

I still think it absurd the question wasnt asked at the Q&A how will we be paying players.

Too much time spent asking why Herd wasnt playing :(

it was asked, and answered.

short answer - we don't have the money, he could not guarentee that we would pay on time, he did recognise that this was a serious issue, he is working on it

it was asked, and answered.

short answer - we don't have the money, he could not guarentee that we would pay on time, he did recognise that this was a serious issue, he is working on it

Ron also said that the club had NO debts besides the revenue.....players, PFA, Trust anybody

Ron also said that the club had NO debts besides the revenue.....players, PFA, Trust anybody

Well surely no one expected the truth did they? How naive and gullible. I am some times surprised that the man ever opens his mouth, just in case the truth just happens to slip out.

Back