• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sky Sports League One Goal of the Season - Charlie Kelman nominated

The fact that Kelman's didn't bounce before it hit the net proves how accurate a strike it was. You've obviously never played in goal if you think that's a keeper error. Give your head a wobble

The fact that Kelman's didn't bounce before it hit the net proves how accurate a strike it was. You've obviously never played in goal if you think that's a keeper error. Give your head a wobble

It did bounce before it hit the net but no one was disputing the fact it was accurate ?‍♂️ Are you saying any shot on target that goes in can’t be attributed to poor goalkeeping?

It did bounce before it hit the net but no one was disputing the fact it was accurate ?‍♂️ Are you saying any shot on target that goes in can’t be attributed to poor goalkeeping?

You're putting it down to poor positioning. Do you want the keeper on his line when the ball is in the opposition half!?

You're putting it down to poor positioning. Do you want the keeper on his line when the ball is in the opposition half!?
No but it is poor when linked to his lack of ability to move his feet, his lack of agility to adjust quickly and terribly poor when linked to his lack of awareness of a situation and lack of anticipation of potential outcomes

No but it is poor when linked to his lack of ability to move his feet, his lack of agility to adjust quickly and terribly poor when linked to his lack of awareness of a situation and lack of anticipation of potential outcomes

Hitlers failure on the Eastern Front ?

Last edited:
Hitlers failure on Eastern Front ?
Im sorry mate, you’ve got me all confused now. I was talking about a freak goal by a 17 year old league one player and your referring to a Nazi dictator responsible for mass genocide?

Yeah you’ve got me ?‍♂️

It was just a hopeful punt at goal that ended up in the net. We were 1-3 down, he had nothing to lose. 999 times out of 1000 it'd sail over the roof, he just got lucky. Goal of the season? I don't think so.

It was just a hopeful punt at goal that ended up in the net. We were 1-3 down, he had nothing to lose. 999 times out of 1000 it'd sail over the roof, he just got lucky. Goal of the season? I don't think so.

Wasn't a hopeful punt. He looked up, saw the keeper off his line and hit an inch perfect ball into the net.

Stop trying to be so controversial

Wasn't a hopeful punt. He looked up, saw the keeper off his line and hit an inch perfect ball into the net.

Actually he didn't need to look up. He was confident enough to know that all keepers (apart from Oxley) are on the edge of the box in the same situation.

Correct in that it wasn’t a hopeful punt. He did look up and he had already noticed the keeper came too far off his line and it was a deliberate attempt to achieve what he achieved.

However on the flip side of that we have to be realistic and understand that he did nothing other than kick it literally as hard as he could. That in itself is evident from the type of ball flight which when doing this invariably leads to a higher flight which curls in the manner it did (slightly wind assisted). However it was far from inch perfect and had the keeper been concentrating and more aware and better with his feet he’d have back peddled earlier and quicker and caught the ball waist height.

That does NOT take away from the fact that it was an incredible goal at an incredible time / place / occasion by a young kid.

All of which is why I’ve always refrained from calling it a flukey goal and always opted to call it a freak of a goal

Im sorry mate, you’ve got me all confused now. I was talking about a freak goal by a 17 year old league one player and your referring to a Nazi dictator responsible for mass genocide?

Yeah you’ve got me ?‍♂️

How is an intended shot a freak goal ?? Nothing 'freak' about it., else you'd have to say any shot at goal had a modicum of freakishness about it if it went in....

How is an intended shot a freak goal ?? Nothing 'freak' about it., else you'd have to say any shot at goal had a modicum of freakishness about it if it went in....

Jesus!!!! What are we arguing about here? The definition of “freak”?

The intention and the outcome are two completely different things. All shots have the intention of being a goal....fair? Not all shots could be classed freaky.

The definition of freak is thus ; event that is extremely unusual or unlikely, and not like any other of its type.

Now you tell me how many times you’ve seen that happen compared to other types of goals and then we’ll have a discussion about whether it could be classed as a freak...

Jesus!!!! What are we arguing about here? The definition of “freak”?

The intention and the outcome are two completely different things. All shots have the intention of being a goal....fair? Not all shots could be classed freaky.

The definition of freak is thus ; event that is extremely unusual or unlikely, and not like any other of its type.

Now you tell me how many times you’ve seen that happen compared to other types of goals and then we’ll have a discussion about whether it could be classed as a freak...

So by your own definition it was not a freak goal because other people have scored from their own half and unlike when Oxley did it for Hibs?.....They actually meant it. Which is the difference most Football fans I know associate the word freak with, when talking about goals

The reason we don't see it many times is because its obviously very difficult and actually impossible for some players to achieve.......Just ask Simon Royce, he could explain it.

Have you been on the sauce all morning me old mate?

One minute your confusing a 17 yr old footballer with the biggest sociapathic dictator of all time and the next you can’t differentiate between ‘unlikely’ or ‘unusual’ and ‘exclusive’ or ‘one off’!!!

Have you been on the sauce all morning me old mate?

One minute your confusing a 17 yr old footballer with the biggest sociapathic dictator of all time and the next you can’t differentiate between ‘unlikely’ or ‘unusual’ and ‘exclusive’ or ‘one off’!!!

I've never mentioned Stalin.

Serious question...are you a PE teacher by any chance?

I've never mentioned Stalin.

Serious question...are you a PE teacher by any chance?

Well the discussion on who caused most deaths is of course, in the absence of direct proof of responsibility, entirely arbitrary.....but slightly irrelevant in the context of this....

Go on....continue with what I’m sure is going to be disparaging remarks re PE teachers or teachers in general.....which by definition can and does obviously include sports coaches in general......

Back