• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sky Sports League One Goal of the Season - Charlie Kelman nominated

@rigsby & @Grapevine, seems like you two guys are intent on hijacking yet another thread. Hopefully you have now sated your need to spar but if not, please rest assured that any more will be deleted arbitrarily. Thanks chaps.

Taking a goal kick from the half way line is very impressive.

Now go back 10 yds get the players to turn with one touch and with 3 defenders closing them down make them shoot without looking up......Then see how many hit the target.

Which is exactly the point I’ve been making. As a technical skill in isolation it’s really not very difficult. However as I’ve been at pains to express consistently, its the occasion and the situation which makes it a good goal.

But not a great one and there are several on the list that took a whole lot more technical ability and have far higher difficulty factor than this.

Whilst we of course are more than at liberty to discuss which was the best goal and all are welcome to an opinion what I will not concede is this :-

1. The gk made a hash of it
2. In no way did he deliberately “draw” the ball in order to deceive the keeper to its destination!

@rigsby & @Grapevine, seems like you two guys are intent on hijacking yet another thread. Hopefully you have now sated your need to spar but if not, please rest assured that any more will be deleted arbitrarily. Thanks chaps.

Not hijacking a thread at all. We have been discussing the goal and it’s validity that is in the title of the thread!!

Not hijacking a thread at all. We have been discussing the goal and it’s validity that is in the title of the thread!!
Sensible discussion works ok for me. I can't see anything anything in the title about validity but there you go.

Can someone post the goal cam view of Charlies goal.

Can someone post the goal cam view of Charlies goal.

Because this proves Charlie is better than Pele? ?

The goal cam proves the ball swerved.

The goal cam proves it bounces before hitting the net

The goal cam shows the gk losing his bearings messing up his feet and falling over as the ball crosses the line knee height

Yeah go on someone please show it

Just as some evidence that reaching the goal for these players is not actually a problem whatsoever...of 9 attempts to hit the crossbar all 9 reached the goal with 6 hitting the target of which 5 hit the net without a bounce....Taylor Moore managed it on his second go despite falling over!

In fact the closest resemblance to Charlie’s was by CP who is 50 years old and was wearing a coat!!

Bare in mind they are aiming at the crossbar not just hitting target....the suggestion pro footballers would struggle to do this even in training is laughable with only some of them missing target some of the time.

Also you see that the better (cleaner) strikes are lower trajectory and move faster (a ping!) as opposed to the higher more punt like strikes which curl a little due to the height and angle of the run ups which make it a natural shot shape.

See you at B&L later Rigsby!

All of them are trying not to over hit it. The distance simply isn't an issue for them.

I actually took a shot from the half way line a few years back. The 'keeper was beaten all ends up, but I hit the crossbar. The difference was that if I was aiming for the crossbar I wouldn't have made it. Also, my thigh hurt for a day or two after because I had to try so hard.

Voted for Charlie's goal, just glad I didn't leave the match early and miss one of the most incredible goals I've ever seen and probably will ever see live.

For goodness sake, I think some people have forgotten how this works.

One of our players is up for some recognition, we vote for it and call on our friends to do the same. We don't argue over the merits, we vote and follow in blind faith!

One of our players is up for some recognition, we vote for it and call on our friends to do the same. We don't argue over the merits, we vote and follow in blind faith!

And then criticise the system for being unfair because Sunderland have more fans and so their player will win it.... ?

Personally I’ll vote for the goal that I though was the best.....I thought that was the idea ?

Careful OBL humour is not always recognised or welcome on this particular thread.

And then criticise the system for being unfair because Sunderland have more fans and so their player will win it.... ?

Personally I’ll vote for the goal that I though was the best.....I thought that was the idea ?

No, no, NO! You vote for the Southend man, whether it is the best, the worst or something in the middle!

Back