• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shagster69

Skysports.com's predicted final table, 2004-05...

1. Northampton Town
2. Yeovil Town
3. Bristol Rovers
4. Grimsby Town
5. Swansea City
6. Oxford United
7. Chester City
8. Wycombe Wanderers
9. Notts County
10. Mansfield Town
11. Boston United
12. Lincoln City
13. Southend United
14. Darlington
15. Macclesfield Town
16. Rushden & Diamonds
17. Cambridge United
18. Bury
19. Leyton Orient
20. Sc**thorpe United
21. Shrewsbury Town
22. Cheltenham Town
23. Kidderminster Harriers
24. Rochdale

And comments on Southend:

Southend were dogged by inconsistency last season but manager Steve Tilson has made some useful signings over the summer and they should be looking for a big improvement on their 17th place finish.

Spencer Prior and Adam Barrett should form a solid defensive partnership, making up for the loss of Leon Cort, while Lawrie Dudfield is a decent striker at this level.

The close season has seen a big turnover of players at Roots Hall, with Cort's move to Hull City the major departure. Striker Leon Constantine has also moved to League One to join Peterborough.

Prior's return to the club where he began his career is the biggest piece of business the Shrimpers have been involved in.

The 33-year-old centre half has played for Norwich, Leicester, Derby, Manchester City and Cardiff and has been the subject of transfers totalling £2.7m.

He had a number of offers from other clubs over the summer but opted for a return to Essex, where he has signed a two-year contract and he will be a major influence on the club this season.

PREDICTED POSITION: 13th
STAR MAN: Kevin Maher
ONE TO WATCH: Lawrie Dudfield
SKYBET ODDS: 33-1
INS: Spencer Prior (Cardiff), Andy Edwards (Rushden), Nicky Nicolau (Arsenal), Wayne Gray (MK Dons), Adam Barrett (Bristol Rovers), Bart Griemink (Swindon), Lewis Hunt (Derby), Carl Pettefer (Exeter), Lawrie Dudfield (Northampton)
OUTS: Leon Constantine (Peterborough), Neil Jenkins (Crawley), Jamie Stuart (Hornchurch), David McSweeney (Crawley), Leon Cort (Hull), Mark Warren (Fisher), Steve Clark (Hornchurch), Leke Odunsi (retired), Jamie Fullarton, Ryan Robinson, Carl Emberson (all released)

FANS' VIEWS

Joe Sorrell
I am really looking forward to the new season as always but I am especially looking forward to this campaign. I support Southend United and believe that everything is in place for a (long overdue) promotion this season! Steve Tilson is a fantastic manager and the new players look very exciting!

Ricki Jones
My team, Southend United, have a real challenge this season. We've been in the bottom division for too long now and every year we say 'play offs', but it never happens. Steve Tilson did a great job last year and he deserves a crack of the whip this season. It's a blow to lose the two Leons (Constantine and Cort) but we still have Jay Smith, Kevin Maher, and a few new faces, so it might happen this year. However, I think it will be another mid-table finish this year I'm afraid.

Back