• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Sky Sports pundits tip Blues for relegation

I can see where they're coming from but.....wouldn't it be great to see them be reminded (when we escape), and see them with egg on their faeces ....oops spelling mistake.....:Blush:

WHAT A JOKE!!!! be surprised if any pundit at SKY SPORTS had even heard of Southend United Football Club. I seem to remember back in the day that according to SKY they apparently invented football back in 1992(LOL). So that means no World Cup Winners 1966, or Pele, or Johan Cryuff, or George Best, or Jimmy Greaves, or Denis Law, or Bobby Moore, or Gordon Banks, or even worse than that no BILLY BEST!!!!! SKY please just stick to what you are good at promoting the Premier League, "You know the best league in the world" (Angry!! or what just don't get me started).

Once they have removed their heads from their ar**s they may be able to see better!
As BB says above, life outside the premier league doesn’t exist to them.

I predicted this months ago so but a little bet on. Hope I lose

Best news we've had for a while.

All we need is Barna to say we're down and we're as good as safe.

All these 'pundits' will do is look at current form and see ours is by far the worst of the bottom bunch and base it on that alone. They won't bother looking into the difference a change of manager might make, a player or two coming back from injury, what picking up a good away draw at the weekend might do for confidence etc. If it was predicting who'll win the Prem or the CL they'd look into all that stuff, but they won't waste energy on looking beneath the surface of the L1 relegation candidates.

When we had the Pompey game on tele Don Goodman said “I think Southend’s play off challenge is over”

Cheers mate. They really haven’t got a clue on what’s going on outside of the Premier League bubble and their commentary is cringeworthy. Just televise games with crowd noise

But this is hardly groundbreaking predictions is is!?

Having thought long and hard about this I have decided that I don't give a toss what their opinions are. The outcome is in our hands.

Really don't see what's controversial about this, they've said it's pretty much impossible to say who is going down but since they had to pick 4 teams they've included us because we're in rubbish form. Are you seriously telling me that if you didn't have a bias because it's our own club you'd look at the form we're in and say 'they're staying up'?

Really don't see what's controversial about this, they had to pick 4 teams and we're an obvious choice. Are you seriously telling me that if you didn't have a bias because it's our own club you'd look at the form we're in and say 'they're staying up'?
Of course not, but I, and I strongly suspect others, are biased, very biased. And lets face it when it comes to abusing Sky pundits it's pretty much open season because they're nobs and deserve it without reservation. One of the joys of a fans board is that you can do that sort of stuff.:Thumbs up:

Back