• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sky to Announce Record Profits

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Sky TV will soon announce record profits.

I say good luck to them. Plenty will starting moaning about their charges, presumably the same people who laughed when they were running up massive losses in the early 90's.

Well done Sky.

Don't watch many of the 900+ channels on my Sky box, but they do bring in some of the greats of US Telly and I'm excited by Sky Atlantic :clap:

Don't bother with Sport or Movies 'cos they're *****. And Murdoch is Satan.

Have I covered all bases?

I can't imagine just watching 5 terrestial channels now days. It's a shame a lot of the stuff isn't free to air but the sports they commit to they cover well.....(as a cricket junkie where else would I be able to watch New Zealand v Pakistan at 3 in the morning....). I certainly waste more money each month on worse things than the £40-50 I spend on Sky.....

Don't watch many of the 900+ channels on my Sky box, but they do bring in some of the greats of US Telly and I'm excited by Sky Atlantic :clap:

Don't bother with Sport or Movies 'cos they're *****. And Murdoch is Satan.

Have I covered all bases?

Is Murdoch disliked because he is successful?
People complain that he is in danger of dominating the media but everyone has the choice of not buying his stuff. Compare this with the left wing BBC who are funded by a license which everyone has to buy regardless of whether they watch their programmes.
Is this fair?
On a lighter note, I defy anyone to watch this without laughing. Neither Gray or Keys make an mention of the fact that the standard or football is terrible and the match is being played by women, but it’s just so funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ienZj9onV0Q

Yea murdock is a devil blah blah blah,i hate it blah blah blah ooohhh but i might watch the hbo stuff because im so coolioo,all i can say is a thousand channels and naff all.

You'll all dislike Murdoch when the SKY money bubble bursts ! We are not even beginning to see the start of a massive switch off that is sure to come as the reality of less free spending money kicks in. I barely watch TV now and I'm guessing if it wasn't for Criminal Minds neither would Mrs Orm. Impressed with their broadband and no probs with the phone (a BT issue when it goes wrong anyway) but that's a lot of money I could better direct elsewhere going on utter dross.

The hatred of Murdock is his methods to get to that level that he and News inc are at . Mind you Wonder if Vince Cable sent him a message saying " War's are not fought only just one battle " he he :D . Or good luck with buying the rest of sky now (never mind teh monopolies have you the money for the buy out, after these civil actions on phone hacking )

Back