• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Twinkle twinkle little star.....

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
So, on average how much do you get at night?

On an undisturbed (ie, no baby screaming the house down expecting a dummy to be retrieved), I reckon I get about 8. Bed by 10/10.30, up at 6.30. A colleague I once worked with reckoned he needed no more than 5 and didn't hit the hay until 1am - unfortunately he was very odd and a bit jittery.

You?

Try and get to bed before midnight. Normally up at 8 and in work for 9. Sometimes I get up at 7 with the missus.

I always end up going to bed at about 1am and then wake up at 6.45am feeling rubbish. Why don't I go to bed earlier????

I've had a change in my sleep pattern ever since I gave up smoking in October. When I was smoking I would never wake up during the night. Since giving up i've started waking up once a night to go to the bathroom.

Usually go to bed around 10:30-11pm, sometimes would take me hours to fall asleep and other times just takes me a few minutes. Get up around 6-7am unless I don't give myself a reason to get up then it can be anytime!

Sleeping pattern at uni was terrible, but that was expected really. Sometimes I wouldn't sleep for a couple of days, just watching films or playing FM and other times I would sleep nearly all day. One time I went to be at midnight, woke up at 6pm went to the pub had some dinner and back in bed at around 9-10pm. Oh those were the days ....

I always end up going to bed at about 1am and then wake up at 6.45am feeling rubbish. Why don't I go to bed earlier????

I've had a change in my sleep pattern ever since I gave up smoking in October. When I was smoking I would never wake up during the night. Since giving up i've started waking up once a night to go to the bathroom.

(Another) bloke I used to work with actually got woken up by his cravings and had to have a fag before he went back to sleep. :stunned:

Go to bed between 10 and 11, depending what I've been up to. Wake at 7am. Usually wake at least once in the night for a wee or one of the kids has woken. I hardly ever sleep right through

Alarm is on for 6:10, I try to get in bed by 11:15. Whenever I get 8+ hours I feel ****.

I used to be such a heavy sleeper and would sleep solid from the time my head hit the pillow till I awoke in the morning. These days i have noticed as I have got older I do not need as much sleep and now I will wake in the night where I didnt before. Interestingly, and this is according to my husband - I snore!

Only get unbroken sleep if I take tablets, otherwise I'm restless and keep waking every couple of hours. On average, I guess I get about 5 or 6 hours a night. Sleeping is not much better at the weekend, maybe 7 hours or so.

(Another) bloke I used to work with actually got woken up by his cravings and had to have a fag before he went back to sleep. :stunned:

I used to do that when I was a forty a day man. Kidded myself I was getting up for a cuppa but always had a fag- usually about 3 in the morning.

Apple - try electronic cigs. Still get your nicotine shot but no harmful toxins and a lot lighter on the pocket.

When I used to smoke I used to dream about smoking and wake up thinking the duvet was on fire.

I am sad to say I often dream about my job writing software which is pretty frustrating because I spend 11 hours in front of four screens every day as it is.

It's like being stuck in Tron.

Perhaps I should get hold of some of OBLs tranqs.

Usually in bed by 10:30/11 and get up at 4:30 most mornings. Midnight to 6:00 at weekends.

Never been a heavy sleeper, only one life and all that; why spend more of it asleep than is necessary.

I used to do that when I was a forty a day man. Kidded myself I was getting up for a cuppa but always had a fag- usually about 3 in the morning.

Apple - try electronic cigs. Still get your nicotine shot but no harmful toxins and a lot lighter on the pocket.

OMG I used to wake in the night for a fag, creep downstairs in the middle of the night - have my fix and return to bed completley relaxed

10.30-11 til 6am for me.

I also sometimes dream that I'm at work. Absolute agony when you wake up feeling like you've been at work...and then having to go to work.

Go to bed anywhere between 9 and 12 and up at 7,pee 2/3 times a night and sometimes surf the www for a hour or two and if not working will nick a 2/3 hour kip in the afternoon.

Like to be in bed by 11 but rarely am, alarm goes off at 6:10. Couple of snoozes before dragging myself out around 6:30.

However, the twins have just discovered how to get out of their cots, so that 6:10 wake-up may be brought forward soon...

Back