• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sleeping Rough

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
I can't work this out.

I work in London, into Liverpool Street and my office is close to Fenchurch Street. Everyday for the last week or two there has been someone sleeping rough by an air duct in the building next door. All you can see is the sleeping bag with a hint of hair sticking out and a rucksack. I pass him about 8.00 am and he is usually fast asleep. Except.......

One day last week he was sitting up on the pavement, tapping away on what looked like quite a new laptop?????

My boss at work had seen the same thing that day when he went past him at 7.00 am

What's all that about????

Charity stunt or something similar? I knew of a few people that did it earlier in the year although only for a weekend, not that long.

*awaits an email saying this post has been reported.

Yea i really am sorry for the hassle that he gives you but i just can not help myself its like a kind of forum terrets.Could be worse i suppose,a whinging e-mail is better then being shot at by timmy taliban so count your blessings.

Homelessness is a very complex issue. It may be that he is new to the streets. How old is he? If quite young, could have been kicked out of home (and taken his laptop with him). He may 'between' places and usually be in a bedsit. I try to not judge any homeless person as when you listen to the facts and their story, there is often a very tragic series of events that lead then to their situation. Very high number of ex servicemen too. Struggle to readjust to civvy life. Also if you can't imagine a situation where you wouldn't have family and friends to look after you, you are very lucky indeed.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't have a go. I would think he was about 30ish reasonably well dressed.

Personally I thought he had found a job in London, but didn't have the cash to find somewhere to live until he got paid. However being fast asleep at 8.00 am seems late if your working, or it does to me when I've been up two and half hours already by then.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't have a go. I would think he was about 30ish reasonably well dressed.

Personally I thought he had found a job in London, but didn't have the cash to find somewhere to live until he got paid. However being fast asleep at 8.00 am seems late if your working, or it does to me when I've been up two and half hours already by then.

He presumably has far less of a commute than you.

I also expect it's difficult sleeping rough. He may have only just drifted off asleep after hours of lying awake cold and worrying about his imminent safety and long term prospects.

Yes Andrew being homeless is indeed very complex but i think i can sum it up in a very simple way.
If you have a home to live in then you are not homeless and if you do not have a home to live in then you are homeless.
Dodts why not just ask him what his story is,maybe offer him a cup of tea,could be a book in it.

Yes Andrew being homeless is indeed very complex but i think i can sum it up in a very simple way.
If you have a home to live in then you are not homeless and if you do not have a home to live in then you are homeless.
Dodts why not just ask him what his story is,maybe offer him a cup of tea,could be a book in it.

How about the hidden homeless? 'Sofa surfers'? Those in vulnerable accommodation? Squatters? By your simple definition do they have a home or not?

How about the hidden homeless? 'Sofa surfers'? Those in vulnerable accommodation? Squatters? By your simple definition do they have a home or not?

My definition has no bearing on anything as im a mere no mark but if you have no where to call home then in my very humble opinion you are homeless.
If i fail to pay my monthly house payments then i wouls be homeless.

My definition has no bearing on anything as im a mere no mark but if you have no where to call home then in my very humble opinion you are homeless.
If i fail to pay my monthly house payments then i wouls be homeless.

Nah, you and the brood could sleep in my garage :winking:

Suppose a laptop needs less feeding than a dog on a rope....

Maybe he is "blogging" about sleeping rough.

Back