• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

enfieldblue

Manager
just checked the tickets sold website for the Doncaster game and it's showing we have sold 0 (nil, bugger al) tickets!! should I be concerened:unsure:

Zero sold and Zero available. Either Chris's s/w is TF'd or the Club's public servers are. Either way there will be supporters there so nothing to be slightly concerned about I think.

They were having internet issues last week, would imagine they may be having issues again this week.

Just parking this here as it is relevant, I think.

We were talking about the knock on effect of trying to play that match against Walsall. I'm not sure how well thought out it was, but there were several issues with the game going ahead, regardless of the result. The effect of putting people off the Doncaster match, possibly, after such a miserable afternoon the week before and so on.

Plus, had the Walsall match been re-arranged for 10th April, then it would be in the Easter holidays so maybe could have run with a kids for a quid promotion and maybe got a decent crowd in.

Additionally, had the Walsall match been called off, the Doncaster crowd would have been up, as it would have been the first home match since Portsmouth, so a three week gap.

All in all, I'm really not sure that worked last Saturday on several levels, apart from keeping the cashflow of the club going.

Just parking this here as it is relevant, I think.

We were talking about the knock on effect of trying to play that match against Walsall. I'm not sure how well thought out it was, but there were several issues with the game going ahead, regardless of the result. The effect of putting people off the Doncaster match, possibly, after such a miserable afternoon the week before and so on.

Plus, had the Walsall match been re-arranged for 10th April, then it would be in the Easter holidays so maybe could have run with a kids for a quid promotion and maybe got a decent crowd in.

Additionally, had the Walsall match been called off, the Doncaster crowd would have been up, as it would have been the first home match since Portsmouth, so a three week gap.

All in all, I'm really not sure that worked last Saturday on several levels, apart from keeping the cashflow of the club going.

I get the logic of your reasoning Andy, but I don't think it is relevant to Enfieldblue's original post. It's patently obvious that the Club will have sold tickets for the game, you only have to visit the official site and try to buy online to see that seats have been sold, and therefore the fact that Chris S's routine is returning 0 sales is obviously wrong. I agree that the result from the Walsall game may deter some punters from attending but that wasn't the point of the OP.

Yes, we all know that. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Seems pretty relevant to me, as it's to do with ticket sales for the Doncaster game.

You can move it to another thread for me if you like! :winking:

Yes, we all know that. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Seems pretty relevant to me, as it's to do with ticket sales for the Doncaster game.

You can move it to another thread for me if you like! :winking:

I didn't, and don't, see the relevance of the post. If you want to leave it there, fine, I have no intention of moving it.

How odd.

Alright then. Help a brother out, here. So what is the thread about then, if it's not about the ticket sales for the Doncaster match?

How odd.

Alright then. Help a brother out, here. So what is the thread about then, if it's not about the ticket sales for the Doncaster match?

The thread started life because Enfield couldn't see any ticket sales via Chris S's routine. I don't know whether the 'concerned' bit was ironic, but I took it that it was. You broadened out the subject to cover your views on the Walsall arrangements and the potential knock impact on for the Doncaster game. Nothing wrong with that but I didn't see the relevance to the absence of stats for the game. I don't think that's odd at all but we obviously have different takes on this.

I think you've answered it yourself.

My post was to expand on the subject of the potential crowd for the Doncaster match and maybe generate a little discussion. Otherwise the thread would have been two posts long, beginning with the question about the stats and your answer. That is pretty much the be all and end all of the thread, so I don't know why you didn't just close the thread there and then.

Yep, if we are being brutally frank, it's not a direct comment on the OP, but what thread ever is. The subject starts and discussion ensues and that's how life works, isn't it? .. The conversation takes whatever path it wants to, roughly within the thread subject.

What I thought was odd was that it actually bothered you at all, to the extent you had brought the relevance question up. Hence my suggestion that you can move the post if it causes concern.

Last edited:
Nothing in your posts bothered me or caused concern Andy, but as I said, I simply didn’t see the relevance. As for closing or moving the thread, I posted as a poster, not a mod. Nothing has occurred here at all that needed a mod’s intervention. I’m also mindful that I’m taking this thread off topic so this will be my last post on our exchange of views.

Nothing in your posts bothered me or caused concern Andy, but as I said, I simply didn’t see the relevance. As for closing or moving the thread, I posted as a poster, not a mod. Nothing has occurred here at all that needed a mod’s intervention. I’m also mindful that I’m taking this thread off topic so this will be my last post on our exchange of views.

OK noted.

Not sure why you needed to respond to my initial post on this thread at all, but I'm not going to let it bother me. Suffice to say, threads should go in whichever direction they wish, IMHO. For example, there was an excellent chat on the MR&R thread about the London Midweek League in the 1960's. Not everything has to be precisely on topic.

Then the Dalai Lama would have to add an extra L presumably?

Maybe not completely relevant to the OP unless Doncaster have a new mascot.

Then the Dalai Lama would have to add an extra L presumably?

Maybe not completely relevant to the OP unless Doncaster have a new mascot.

I've heard our mascot for the Doncaster match is Cardiff Blues' very own Dai Llama. He's slightly concerned though that there are no tickets sold or available for the match according to Chris S's ticket sales thingy.

Back