• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Slipped Disc - now that f-ing hurts!

Who's had one? I have and it's the most intense pain I have ever experienced. Currently seeing a physio who used to treat the Saracens and he's hopeful of some kind of recovery - if you do a office job then take my advice and take up pilates - you don't want what I've had, trust me!
Be interested to share some advice on the matter. I can't be the only old git with a dodgy back?

Who's had one? I have and it's the most intense pain I have ever experienced. Currently seeing a physio who used to treat the Saracens and he's hopeful of some kind of recovery - if you do a office job then take my advice and take up pilates - you don't want what I've had, trust me!
Be interested to share some advice on the matter. I can't be the only old git with a dodgy back?

I have a dodgy back arising from a fall down stairs at work 26 years ago that was mis-treated. My ex had a slipped disc and ended up having to have the disc shaved....twice. It's not nice, that I do know. Wish you better.

Like father like son. I still remember the old man walking around like a giraffe having a drink when his went again.

Like father like son. I still remember the old man walking around like a giraffe having a drink when his went again.

Bloke walks into a pub with a Giraffe.

He orders a pint and asks the Giraffe what he is having. The Giraffe asks for a quadruple vodka, downs it in one and orders the same again. He continues to down vodkas while the bloke finishes his pint and nips to the gents.

When he returns tof the bar the Giraffe is collapsed unconscious on the floor in a pool of vomit.

The bloke puts his hat on and walks towards the door.

The landlord says "where are you going, you can't leave that lying there on the floor"

The bloke replies "it's a giraffe, not a lion"

He orders a pint and asks the Giraffe what he is having. The Giraffe asks for a quadruple vodka, downs it in one and orders the same again. He continues to down vodkas while the bloke finishes his pint and nips to the gents.

When he returns tof the bar the Giraffe is collapsed unconscious on the floor in a pool of vomit.

The landlord says "where are you going, you can't leave that lying there on the floor"

Not one of your best mate. :blush:

I have 3 discs that play up after an injury at work nearly 30 years ago now. Over the years I have seen probably 50 different people, not all my choice. Some through work, surgeons, doctors, physio, including 3 trips to the rehab centres provided by the Firefighter charity. Some privately, Chiropractor's, Physios, including Essex Crickets main man and acupuncture etc.

Despite several surgeons all saying an operation is the only answer, I have always resisted and I am in a better position than the 3 people I know who all had the cage operation. Both the lads had initial improvement but were just as bad if not worse 5 years later. One of them had researched it and had it done privately at huge cost. The woman I know who had it done on the NHS was never told of the risks. It has ruined her life from the age of 35 onwards. She has no feeling from her waste to her knees and needs a special chair just to sit at the dinner table.

Occasionally I have relapses when I end up face down on the floor with my ice pack on the lower back. On 3 occasions I have had to go to A&E in an ambulance on Gas and Air. On one occasion they had to give me Morphine. On the plus side in between I did finish 3rd in London's Fittest Firefighter and run the Southend half marathon etc.

There is no magical cure as we are all different and it depends on how long you have suffered and how it started etc. The best thing for me was acupuncture from the Firebrigade Physio but it has to be done by the right person. I had it done privately years before but it had no effect.

It has never stopped me doing most things, even if I am restricted because sitting in a chair is worse. I have to stop more than most on a long away trip. I have met many people who seemed to have given up on life because of it. My main bit of advice is never let those butchers with knifes cut you to pieces because as we have all seen in the news recently most of it is unnecessary. Once they cut its gone and it can't be undone and i'm not just talking about back injuries. Also be careful of certain professionals such as the Physio who made it worse as she was trying to prove a point.

By the way I have read several accounts by the so called medical profession saying alternative medicine like acupuncture is a myth and only works because you want it too. I can assure you that was certainly not the case with me. When the young South African Physio who suggested it, she did so as a last resort. I pointed out that I had tried it previously to no avail and was poo-pooing the whole thing.

One of my favourite Billy Connelly jokes.

Since we're on animal jokes.

A gorilla walks into a pub and orders a pint to the shocked silence of the locals.

The barman thinks "Gorillas probably don't know much about money" and asks him for a tenner.To make conversation,after pulling the pint,he says:"You don't often see gorillas in a pub."

"I'm not suprised" says the gorilla "at ten quid a pint."

Students like it!:whistling:

Since we're on animal jokes.

A gorilla walks into a pub and orders a pint to the shocked silence of the locals.

The barman thinks "Gorillas probably don't know much about money" and asks him for a tenner.To make conversation,after pulling the pint,he says:"You don't often see gorillas in a pub."

"I'm not suprised" says the gorilla "at ten quid a pint."

Students like it!:whistling:

Horse goes into a bar.

The barman says 'why the long face?'

I have a dodgy back arising from a fall down stairs at work 26 years ago that was mis-treated. My ex had a slipped disc and ended up having to have the disc shaved....twice. It's not nice, that I do know. Wish you better.
I have had a slipped disc and a rib out of place , and the rib was more painfull of the two , had a job to breath with it .

and a rib out of place , and the rib was more painfull of the two , had a job to breath with it .

Know what you mean Oz. After our 3rd rd FA Cup game at Tottenham in 2007, back at Fenchurch St, had a pair of leather soled shoes on, it was wet, and ran up escalator to get train. Slipped, and rolled back down it like a stunt man. Cracked a Rib or two, and for next couple of weeks, really knew about it.
Took me 4 months, but got a CD of it from Fenchurch Sts camera surveillance, cost me £10!. Everyone has a good laugh watching it, but overall was very lucky. Could have been a lot worse.
Oh yes, and missed the train!.

Back