• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Small change to ShrimperZone

Best of luck G, you've always been a voice of reason and fair in your handling of things on the Zone. Hope you'll still be about but good luck with the job!

And @GBJ now a mod, well, crazy times indeed after his dad! Good luck Nik!
Missed that announcement! Good stuff, best of luck @GBJ

Thanks for all your work, SBH.
The Zone makes me feel I'm not alone in desolate misery, while in better times sharing the joy just added to the elation.
Bon chance in what comes next!

Having been a member of the team for many years I know how hard @South Bank Hank worked. He has brought us some great moments over the years with his Phil Brown cartoons and his disappearing fish! Some of the best and funniest banners we’ve had at the top of the site were G’s creations. We’ve known each other for a long time and I consider you a friend G.

Your efforts with the site and everything you bring will be sorely missed and I know how much @Cricko appreciated your help and John my offer to help is always there if you need it. I hope you do still pop in from time to time and don’t go dark like greats of the past.

Good luck with the new job.

As for @GBJ being appointed mod, Jesus scraping the barrel there.:Smile: Joking aside, Nik is a top bloke and will do a great job.

I’ve already told the old man to sign back up.... so I can be the one to wield the ban hammer on him ?

Cheers mate. I‘m already drunk with power ?

Breaking news, so well done.

Poachers always make the best game keepers. I'm sure many on here have seen that in their various line of work or business.

Not easy at times as everyone of us has a view and opinion
That's the key for me, and it's the most important part of what we've tried to build.

My biggest learning (and the bit I'd offer as a last piece of advice) is that supporting a football club and debating opinions on the internet is not always a rational business. When things go wrong on the pitch and we're frustrated after a defeat, we get those perfect storms when passions and tempers are at their highest while rational thinking can be at its lowest.

Much as most of us have sometimes tried to do it (and I mean owners, moderators and posters), it's often useless trying to reason during those intense moments when people are hurting. I came to the conclusion some time ago that often it's not about winning an argument or changing an opinion - sometimes people just do need to let off a bit of steam and we should try to allow for that.

As many know, my biggest frustrations on here have been when people have lost sight of that balance between debating those opinions and making things personal. It shouldn't be that way as, ultimately, we're all on here 'cos we love the Shrimpers. Or we want to love them. It's pretty difficult right now.

Anyway, I'm meandering!

Thanks for all the kind words folks. Very much appreciated.

No longer Yosser but now having to work hard for your living again Graeme, a bit scary eh? I'm buoyed by the thought that although you talked me into my current predicament as a sub prefect on here, you did at least have the decency to buy me a pint in the spread last time we gathered. I wish you all the very best for the future mate, and in the words of the immortal Douglas Adams, 'So long, and thanks for all the fish'. :Winking:

Best of luck big G in your new work roll and here is hoping that it’s all ham and no filler.!!
You come across as a passionate shrimper and a level headed fair moderator and I personally thank you for that.
Let’s hope that the team we all love can pull off a Harry Houdini style escape to help fill in your no doubt rate down times.
Thanks for all you have done and allez le sea sea Seasiders.!!
Tony

Best of luck big G in your new work roll and here is hoping that it’s all ham and no filler.!!
You come across as a passionate shrimper and a level headed fair moderator and I personally thank you for that.
Let’s hope that the team we all love can pull off a Harry Houdini style escape to help fill in your no doubt rate down times.
Thanks for all you have done and allez le sea sea Seasiders.!!
Tony

Long time no see mate. Hope you’re well

Not been on here long enough to properly know you but can see the outpouring of good wishes and respect on here.
It's clear you've done a great job so I wish you good luck in your new venture south bank hank

Back