• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bluefeet

Winger
Over the years of supporting the blues, which games spring to mind where we have snatched an unlikely/undeserved victory?

A couple of games that spring to mind for myself - Northampton away during our league two promotion campaign where we scored two goals from corners (Barrett's length of the pitch celebration a great highlight that day). And our league one promotion campaign, Hartlepool away in the snow! Where Flahavan produced heroics between the sticks to keep us in that game, before Gray (correct me if I'm wrong) slotted home a late penalty to snatch all 3 points.

Over the years of supporting the blues, which games spring to mind where we have snatched an unlikely/undeserved victory?

A couple of games that spring to mind for myself - Northampton away during our league two promotion campaign where we scored two goals from corners (Barrett's length of the pitch celebration a great highlight that day). And our league one promotion campaign, Hartlepool away in the snow! Where Flahavan produced heroics between the sticks to keep us in that game, before Gray (correct me if I'm wrong) slotted home a late penalty to snatch all 3 points.

Man Utd! :happy:

Away at Gillingham, we trailed for 89 minutes after a first minute goal, but late goals from Regis Coubault and the, er, literally late Jereon Boere snatched an unlikely win*.

I still regret not going.

*Technically of course, all wins under Alvin Martin should be classified as unlikely

Not a win, but there was a 2-2 at Notts County with a late Andy Ansah(?) equaliser when we had 9 men after Bressington and probably Gridelet had been sent off.

Chesterfield away in our League One promotion season; won 4-3 thanks to an Eastwood hat-trick after trailing 3-2 to ten men following a harsh sending off and penalty awarded to us. That was one day where opposition fans could justifiably say we were a one-man team.

Last edited:
Man Utd! :happy:

You reckon? I watch that game regularly and fully believe that we were the better side over 90 minutes. A couple of speculative pot-shots from 25 yards is all they could manage but we should have scored two more from Sodje's header and Freddy's late break.

Chesterfield away in our League One promotion season; won 4-3 thanks to an Eastwood hat-trick after trailing 3-2 to ten men following a harsh sending off and penalty awarded to us. That was one day where opposition fans could justifiably say we were a one-man team.

Cant take that away from Eastwood, but I think I remember reading a lot of credit went to Goater for lifting the whole side with a quick 'team talk' after Chesterfield undeservedly went 3-2 up.

You reckon? I watch that game regularly and fully believe that we were the better side over 90 minutes. A couple of speculative pot-shots from 25 yards is all they could manage but we should have scored two more from Sodje's header and Freddy's late break.

Fully agree.

Can't remember in too much detail, but Pomey at The Hall around 96-97ish? Beat them 2-1 IIRC

And Plmouth, early 00's where we trailed 1-0 and where being battered, but 2 late goals literally stole the points?

Brentford away on a Sunday morning in the early 90's. Ansah got sent off after about 30 mins, Benji snatched a goal, and we spent the rest of the game taking the **** out of their keeper (Benstead?), as Brentford contrived to miss a hatful of chances as we held on for a 1-0 win.

Shrewsbury away 1991 won one nil (Angell), but Shrewsbury battered us & had 17 corners in the 2nd half alone.

Just another one of our wins! :smile:

Brentford away on a Sunday morning in the early 90's. Ansah got sent off after about 30 mins, Benji snatched a goal, and we spent the rest of the game taking the **** out of their keeper (Benstead?), as Brentford contrived to miss a hatful of chances as we held on for a 1-0 win.

The game after Brentford away was definitely NOT smash & grab!!

Brentford done the same to us at the last home game in May 91 when we were trying to win the title.

I'd nominate Northampton away about 5 seasons ago. Northampton were leading 1-0 late in the game and we had done nothing to suggest that we'd be leaving with so much as a point. Step forward Adam Barrett to win the game with 2 headed goals from corners. I almost felt sorry for the home fans, then I remembered it was Northampton.

Oxford away in their old stadium. We won 1-0 with a Brett Angell goal in the last minute after being pretty much rubbish all afternoon.

Swansea away Won 3 2 , went 3-1 up with a Mark Warren goal minutes after going down to 8 men

I first though this was a thread about Bannister and Warboys (or other striking partnerships) it must be my age.....

Back