• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Chris Phillips says Ted and Paul have both picked up injuries and will both be out for a couple of weeks. Ted's is a thigh injury and Paul's problem is his back (and his ability to catch a football, but that one is long term).

Looks like youth keeper Josh Bexon will be on the bench on Saturday, let's hope nothing happens to Dan between now and the window opening at least.

Dont bother with a keeper on the bench , Brown can just put Pigott + 6 defenders on the bench :winking:

Chris Phillips says Ted and Paul have both picked up injuries and will both be out for a couple of weeks. Ted's is a thigh injury and Paul's problem is his back (and his ability to catch a football, but that one is long term).

Looks like youth keeper Josh Bexon will be on the bench on Saturday, let's hope nothing happens to Dan between now and the window opening at least.

I think it's quite pathetic that people still have a dig at Paul, after all he has done for the Club.

I think it's quite pathetic that people still have a dig at Paul, after all he has done for the Club.

Two and a half year's money for one JPT match and one Carling Cup appearance ?

Other than one spectacularly good (but ultimately in vain) match at Brentford, remind me.

Other than one spectacularly good (but ultimately in vain) match at Brentford, remind me.

The hours he spends training and coaching Dan (1.5M) Bentley and Ted (England under 20) Smith are two reasons I can think of.

Bolger is one of our outfield cover players, I believe Lenny is another. Good experience for young Josh but not entirely sure it's necessary.

People I know who work at the club say he is one of the nicest hardworking players you could wish to meet. The fact he doesn't play every week, being a keeper make that sometimes impossible, does not mean he's done nothing for the club. If you want I can remind you of that at a later date.

The hours he spends training and coaching Dan (1.5M) Bentley and Ted (England under 20) Smith are two reasons I can think of.

The main thing Bentley is good at is instinctive saves. The things he's less good at were probably the weaknesses in Paul Smith's game too.

The main thing Bentley is good at is instinctive saves. The things he's less good at were probably the weaknesses in Paul Smith's game too.

True, but sometimes the better teacher will be the one who struggled with it rather than the one for whom it all come naturally.

Brilliant! So everytime Bentley lets in a goal it's actually Paul Smiths fault. Do you anything else to kick the man with?

Perhaps it's his fault that the West Stand bar stewards kick us out in the rain at half time too?! ... Give the guy a break!

all teams have at least 2 keepers, the majority don't get to play very often, you can't blame a reserve keeper for not playing , I bet he would rather be playing for us than not playing. On second thoughts the way some of our fans see Dan as the second coming and Smith as the devil maybe not

all teams have at least 2 keepers, the majority don't get to play very often, you can't blame a reserve keeper for not playing , I bet he would rather be playing for us than not playing. On second thoughts the way some of our fans see Dan as the second coming and Smith as the devil maybe not

Of course he can't play very often with Bentley as first choice and of course we need cover.

My comment was in response to the "after all he's done for the club".

A keeper at the end of his career who had one season in the first team and two and a half on the bench. I will however never forget that performance when he returned to his first League club, Brentford.

Even then he failed to cut out the cross for Brentford's first goal.

Of course he can't play very often with Bentley as first choice and of course we need cover.

My comment was in response to the "after all he's done for the club".

A keeper at the end of his career who had one season in the first team and two and a half on the bench. I will however never forget that performance when he returned to his first League club, Brentford.

Back