• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

so it seems Luggy wants a look at Paul Smith in Spain... and not Mark Brown as expected

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/250712-smith-to-make-madrid-trip-266642.aspx

:omg: also going are Steven Brogan and John Spicer

Travelling squad: Phil Smith, Daniel Bentley, Sean Clohessy, Chris Barker, Ryan Cresswell, Mark Phillips, Graham Coughlan, Anthony Straker, Luke Prosser, Stephen Brogan, Kane Ferdinand, Kevan Hurst, Ryan Hall, David Martin, Ryan Leonard, Gavin Tomlin, Freddy Eastwood, Neil Harris and Elliot Benyon.

Last edited:
Eh? Spicer's not in the Travelling Squad you've listed.

Is he going or not?

When i click on that link I've got a nice photo of Roots Hall but no story.

Who isn't going? Mohsni, Corr, that other youth team keeper (Chambers?) - anyone else?

Eh? Spicer's not in the Travelling Squad you've listed.

Is he going or not?

When i click on that link I've got a nice photo of Roots Hall but no story.

Who isn't going? Mohsni, Corr, that other youth team keeper (Chambers?) - anyone else?

the list i put is part of the story, hadnt noticed no spicer till you said it......:unsure:

According to the story Spicer is going. Timlin isn't going due to injury along with Corr.

Ah, forgot about Timlin. Thanks both.

Ricketts went to Scotland, so it's far from certain that Smith/Brogan/Smith will sign.

That OS article still hasn't loaded up.

The dial-up speed is making me feel as if our keeper should be Roycie.

Can't believe he's getting another chance, if I turned up late to a job interview I wouldn't get another go. Also the fact is he was Swindon's second choice keeper last year, not good enough for a team looking for promotion in my opinion.

Ricketts went to Scotland, so it's far from certain that Smith/Brogan/Spicer will sign.

That's a good point about Ricketts and the Scottish tour - I guess although Luggy must be relatively serious by taking them along, it is a good chance to have another look at them and also see how they gel with the squad.

Swindon fans don't seem to rate Smith and Notts County fans not impressed by Spicer - Rotherham fans seem to like Brogan though so 1 out of 3 isn't bad!

My initial reaction was that Sturrock needs a goalie for both games ......... and perhaps Smith was available and Brown was not available to travel.

I must admit that now I have thought a little more about it, then it would seem to put Smith forward as being a more likely candidate in the longer term ........... hhhhmmmm.

i apoligise for not noticing the OS's mistake with spicer, i just copied their travelling squad without checking it.......:'( d'oh

i also reckon that we should either go for brown or try belfore again

Oh dear, got a horrible feeling about this. If you're listening clunie please don't inflict Phil Smith on us, not because he turned up late for the Shammers game (even if that was wholly unprofessional!) but because he is a sub-standard goalkeeper for this level. It's the most important position on the pitch and if he signs and performs how I expect it could very well undo a lot of the good work that has been done in the transfer market this summer.

He hasn't got off to a good start here with the fans with not only turning up late but also a poor display against West Ham. It would be a very naive signing as he'll never get a fair crack of the whip here as too many fans don't want him, and according to Swindon he is also a confidence keeper......they don't do well at all here and we all know that!

For Christs Sake if we can't get someone decent in permanently (or Daniels on loan preferably!) then use the loan market, don't sign a keeper like Smith just because time is getting on! I'd rather have Morris back if that's the case!

Daniels would have always been my first choice but how on earth the likes of Smith seem preferable to Belford is beyond me! Let's just hope Smith has another couple of shockers in Spain.....

Strange that he is giving Smith another go after his poor display against West Ham yet Brown has been discarded (or is signing for someone else). We need to start looking at what our best back 5 is.

Also need some muscle in the centre of midfield. From what I can tell, Spicer is an attacking midfielder. Is kane going to go back to sitting in front of the back 4? Im worried we are going to be too open and lightweight in the middle. Glad Brogan is going though.

Strange that he is giving Smith another go after his poor display against West Ham yet Brown has been discarded (or is signing for someone else). We need to start looking at what our best back 5 is.

Also need some muscle in the centre of midfield. From what I can tell, Spicer is an attacking midfielder. Is kane going to go back to sitting in front of the back 4? Im worried we are going to be too open and lightweight in the middle. Glad Brogan is going though.
We don't know what's going on..........perhaps wanting too much money is the problem with Brown?

Am I the only one to think that we might go for 2 keepers now we are moving back to 7 subs. Luggy always had a keeper on the bench in his first season but didn't when it went down to 5 subs. Maybe Smith is the back up.

what a shame brown isnt going to spain prehaps sturrock has said to brown what he said to Belford you might not settle down south :omg:

Back