• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The biggest killer is Lenny being out whilst Coker is out.. having to put Timlin LB instead of CM is where we've been hit hard. Timlin is far superior at covering Lenny to Atkinson and we miss Atkinson on the right IMO. Only 2 more games till a fresh Lenny is back though..

For the remaining league games I can live with Tims at left back but if we made the Play Offs we would hugely miss Coker in there. Providing we have no issues extending Walton's loan I'm more than happy to have him in the sticks

White in for Coker whilst Lenny is suspended, with Timlin in midfield.

Once Lenny is back, then difficult decision.....

Has to be this, White is a natural defender and was superb when he came on.

We missed some tenacity in midfield Tuesday, Woody was holding back, and would have benefitted from having a holding style midfielder, like Timlin to allow him the freedom to roam forward.

White is more than capable of covering LB.

Last edited:
I see PB has approached Brighton to extend Walton's loan until end of the season. I really cannot see them refusing since they have David Stockdale; and two other senior keepers in front of him.

If Coker is not as badly injured as previously thought and we can grab wins against Charlton and Chesterfield we will surely be in the PO, the with Lenny back (and poss Coker too) and our wonderful ADHD sun-tanned manager on the touchline again, then happy days!

TBH I'm assuming and those who assume make an *** of u and me.

But his instagram story does say 'The knees only got away with it'. Brown was saying it could be medial ligaments which is about a month out so with his insta let's hope it's a slight sprain and back after this weekend :smile:.

Breaking..... Coker knee not as bad as first thought. Will play this season..

The headline does say "could" rather than defo.

We have Charlton on Saturday and then Chesterfield away on 14th April - that gives Coker quite some time for constant treatment and rehabilitation before moving onto light training.

I have my fingers crossed ............ and crossed again. :smile:

Yeah, Coker's Instagram would suggest positive news which is a huge boost as of the 4 mentioned in the article, he'd have been the biggest loss imo

Felt really sorry for Innis, I thought he started well against Bolton and may well have dominated some of their big fellas. He was also commanding voice wise and directing play. He got stuck into them in the penalty box and was so unfortunate to get hurt in bravely trying to score. I would like to think extra metal could be attached to shoulders these days ,as I think he is a significant future prospect actually and would hope we would sign him. Just think how Thommo has come on and Bolger starting too as , I wish him well and a speedy recovery

Sorry but have to admit I would have Timlin as 1 of the first on every team sheet.

In midfield he is a leader with really good distribution and he makes players play round him.

As a left back I think is equally as good as Coker where Coker tries all the step overs and sometimes too often,
Michael distributes the ball much quicker.

And it certainly was not Timlin who got left for dead on Tuesday night it was John White who got turned by their forward.

I do however think that John White is not only our second best option for right back but also next in line as a centre half.
He really is calm and composed which is what Thompson requires.

9217dcf021d22733293048305fd2d490.jpg

Coker's the only one I'm worried about.The lad from Brighton looks great so far in goal and Innis is a walking disaster!:winking:

footballs a weird wonderfull beast. Walton was excellent on Tuesday but, did his excellence cost us the game?

if you look at the video it looks (to me) like the shot is going wide. Fair enough he didn't know that ,but I dont think ted would have got his fingers to it like Walton did. which would have meant no corner and therefore no goal !

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?92893-Southend-United-0-1-Bolton-Wanderers/page6

its a funny old game

footballs a weird wonderfull beast. Walton was excellent on Tuesday but, did his excellence cost us the game?

if you look at the video it looks (to me) like the shot is going wide. Fair enough he didn't know that ,but I dont think ted would have got his fingers to it like Walton did. which would have meant no corner and therefore no goal !

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?92893-Southend-United-0-1-Bolton-Wanderers/page6

its a funny old game

But if you go by that, you may say that Ted might not have made one or two of the saves earlier that Walton made. Ted does tend to let a high percentage of fast shots on target in.

Back