• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Just seen tweet from CP saying that Coker and Smith likely to miss rest of the season.

Smith - shame as he was doing ok, but this new lad looks the real deal, so are we able to extend his emergency loan to the end of the season?

Coker - massive miss, thought Timlin played very well Tuesday, but not the most natural position for him but think he will do ok against the lesser opposition we face. Long term defo not, short term can do the job i think

Blues suffer injury blows as four players could miss the rest of the season

BEN Coker and Ted Smith could miss the rest of the season for Southend United, manager Phil Brown has revealed.

More...

Losing Coker is obviously a massive loss, but Timlin has already filled in there well for a while this season. Not as good but we have got cover, and White/O'Neill can fill in if desperate, with Kyprianou available too.

Smith is another loss but Walton seems to have impressed.

Inniss wouldn't be in the side anyway provided Ferdinand and Thompson stay fit, and I'd choose White over him anyway.

Just seen tweet from CP saying that Coker and Smith likely to miss rest of the season.

Smith - shame as he was doing ok, but this new lad looks the real deal, so are we able to extend his emergency loan to the end of the season?

Coker - massive miss, thought Timlin played very well Tuesday, but not the most natural position for him but think he will do ok against the lesser opposition we face. Long term defo not, short term can do the job i think

Agreed. I think on Tuesday we missed Coker overlapping down the left wing.

Coker is a huge loss. Tims does well 90% of the time at left back, then jumps in for one he was never going to get and the right winger / full back gets in. If we have Ferdinand back in I'd rather see White in there. Much more solid and dependable in my book.

Think Tims did well Tuesday, but isn't natural and sometimes wonders a little too central, however the bloke would play in goal to wear the club crest... something we need through the PO's! (If we get there)

Walton could be a blessing in disguise if we make the PO's... Ted Smith can sometimes be beaten easily and I think maybe a big stage could see him nervous? Walton looks the real deal...

Having said this, I would never wish injury on anybody... besides that old Swindon RB who went to B'ham... I hated that *******

Wonder if we can get away with asking for an emergency loan for a left-back, as we don't have a natural replacement fit? :winking:

So, all those saying yesterday maybe Ted's injury could be extended....how do they feel now?! Poor Ted!

Cokes is a massive miss but, as I've said before, John White was originally brought here by Tilly to play LB, it's a position he can definitely play - and, as always, he will do so with absolute professionalism. I'd rather him than Tims to be honest, much as I love Tims, he doesn't slot in quite as naturally.

Not a fan of Inniss anyway, felt he should have gone back after the first injury, but clearly has a problem with his shoulders that could impact on his career so I do wish him well.

These things happen in football. Is how you cope with it and becomes a test of the squad and a challenge for players to grab the opportunity.

That possible seven day extension to Walton's loan isn't going to be much use if Smith is out for the rest of the season. Can we apply for a longer extension?

I'd be surprised if this really effects Inniss career as a footballer much. My Brother's a plasterer who has dislocated his shoulder nine times and it still hasn't stopped him.

Coker is a massive loss, we have players who can 'do a job' there and there's young Kyprianou too but I agree with leeblue, he's the best left-back in League One from what I've seen. McLaughlin needs to raise his game as Coker does a lot of work down the left.

Inniss' injury leaves us a bit short of cover at centre-back so let's just pray Thompson and Ferdinand stay fit, although John White has proven he can come in and do a job there. Smith's injury, while a big blow for the lad, could turn out to be a blessing in disguise as others have said.

Coker is a massive loss and as much as I like Timlin, I don't really like him at LB. I would like to see Kyprianiou (sp) given another go but can't see it happening PB plays things pretty safe most of the time and don't think he'd put someone so inexperienced in at this stage of the season with so much at stake.

Losing Coker is obviously a massive loss, but Timlin has already filled in there well for a while this season. Not as good but we have got cover, and White/O'Neill can fill in if desperate, with Kyprianou available too.

Smith is another loss but Walton seems to have impressed.

Inniss wouldn't be in the side anyway provided Ferdinand and Thompson stay fit, and I'd choose White over him anyway.

Possibly not as good Coker at left back, but if I had to choose a player it would be Timlin, he can play almost anywhere, and does a great job.

Smith vs Walton - Walton edges this in terms of ability.

Coker is definitely ahead of Timlin in the position but we all surely remember Timlin the Warrior from our last play-off drive. There was a moment in the game against Bolton that reminded me of it. I'm not sure what Ranger had been having a problem with, but he discussed it with Timlin. Timlin's response was loud enough to hear in the South Upper.... "Just be ****ing brave man!!!"

The man screaming at Nile to man up is a man I want fighting with us in the campaign.

Smith vs Walton - Walton edges this in terms of ability.

Coker is definitely ahead of Timlin in the position but we all surely remember Timlin the Warrior from our last play-off drive. There was a moment in the game against Bolton that reminded me of it. I'm not sure what Ranger had been having a problem with, but he discussed it with Timlin. Timlin's response was loud enough to hear in the South Upper.... "Just be ****ing brave man!!!"

The man screaming at Nile to man up is a man I want fighting with us in the campaign.

On the plus side Timlin gives us something that others don't. Coker or Kyp would not have won the ball like Timlin did first half on Tuesday. If Ranger had shown half the desire Timlin had to get his cross in, then we would have been 1-0 up.

Back