• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rowe23

Youth Team⭐
Just heard that apparently Paul Smith has thrown his toys out his pram again cos Bentley been picked over him, and PB is considering putting Bentley as no.1 with Ted Smith/Luke Chambers as no.2 and shipping Paul Smith out.

Have no problem with this, think that would of been the right decision without the strop.

I read on sky sports that he had a virus or something that's why Chambers was recalled.

It does seem like a bit of coincidence that he got injured and then developed a virus. I'm not one of the Smith bashers, but from what I've seen of Bentley I would not be disappointed to see him as no.1 next season.

Just heard that apparently Paul Smith has thrown his toys out his pram again cos Bentley been picked over him, and PB is considering putting Bentley as no.1 with Ted Smith/Luke Chambers as no.2 and shipping Paul Smith out.

Where did you hear this?

someone that works for the club, as i said they are only considering it may not happen. After an apology and everyone kisses and makes up he may well stay, but he is not happy at being replaced by bentley again,it could have all been blown out of proportion and smith just wanted to know the reasons and that in turn has turned in Chinese whispers. Personally i think Smith is a good shot stopper, however i would like to see a youth product player come in and be southend no.1 but who ever plays in the blue shirt i shall be supporting.

Official line was a virus, seems a bit highly strung if there's any truth in another hissy fit.

for me Bentley should be no.1, players looks much more confident with him. Whenever goal went in with Smith in goal always saw the players berating him and players panicked whenever ball went near goal. Plus Smiths a miserable stroppy C***

ship smith out, not because I think Bentley is much better but he will be much cheaper and a good prospect IMO, has looked comfortable playing for us. Spend the wages from smith on a decent LB

Official line was a virus, seems a bit highly strung if there's any truth in another hissy fit.

I can't believe people find it something to moan about when a player makes it clear how much playing for Southend means to them. I would be moaning about him if he didn't seem to give a toss but that's clearly not the case.

Wouldnt expect any player to be happy with being dropped. Saying that, think it will be a case of Bentley being no 1 next season. Brown has already bigged him up when he came to the club, and Smith will be one of if not the highest earner, money which could be utilised in other areas.

I can't believe people find it something to moan about when a player makes it clear how much playing for Southend means to them. I would be moaning about him if he didn't seem to give a toss but that's clearly not the case.

This.

Is there any way we can avoid this thread just becoming just another Smith versus Bentley debate?

All we've got so far are unconfirmed rumours....

someone that works for the club, as i said they are only considering it may not happen. After an apology and everyone kisses and makes up he may well stay, but he is not happy at being replaced by bentley again,it could have all been blown out of proportion and smith just wanted to know the reasons and that in turn has turned in Chinese whispers. Personally i think Smith is a good shot stopper, however i would like to see a youth product player come in and be southend no.1 but who ever plays in the blue shirt i shall be supporting.
bit confusing if the keeper wears blue too!

for me Bentley should be no.1, players looks much more confident with him. Whenever goal went in with Smith in goal always saw the players berating him and players panicked whenever ball went near goal. Plus Smiths a miserable stroppy C***

Do you know him personally then? I dont rate him, as he isnt commanding enough for me but comments like that are out of order imo.

He probably had a strop cos he knows Bentley is a better keeper than him. You only have to watch Bentley to see how he commands the defense.
bentley number one every day, give the man a chance before he decides to go. He will play at a higher level ( hopefully with us)

Back