• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Smoke from top of N/E floodlight pylon?

KrustyTheKray

President
What was all that about?

Had one of the bulbs caught alight, or was it some sort of electrical fire?

Did anyone else see this?

Didn't look too good though!

What was all that about?

Had one of the bulbs caught alight, or was it some sort of electrical fire?

Did anyone else see this?

Didn't look too good though!

Yes Dashman pointed it our to me,it looked like a bulb had fallen out.

Was worried for quite a while! None of the stewards or anyone seemed bothered and seeing as it would only have affected the Leeds fans I wasn't as worried as I might have been!

Was worried for quite a while! None of the stewards or anyone seemed bothered and seeing as it would only have affected the Leeds fans I wasn't as worried as I might have been!

The fire marshall was in the South stand and if you ask me - he DID look bothered. He was in constant communication with other people RE: The floodlights and they all felt it wasn't a massive issue although they did keep their eye on it.

Could have been disasterous had the situation worsened.

Yes, we saw it, and the sick pigeon. Assumed it was just a light that had blown strangely. Was Dash in our stand then and he didn't come and say hello?

It was originally reported by a steward from the carpark. As for not seeming bothered stewards and security from the south bank were in constant conversation with the fire marshall and the police. Perhaps we should had panicked instead and then have the leeds fan making a dash for the nearest exit including the pitch, followed by everybody else.

i saw the smoke and u could smell it really badly i saw a flame at one point oh well it were the leeds fans were sitting so no ones bothered

Back