• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Snow Patrol!

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Has anyone seen them live before?

I went to see them last night at the o2 arena and I have to say they put on an amazing show. Great live music, great performers and the stage display was out of this world.

Snow Patrol have never been one of my favourite bands but that gig blew me away how amazing it was.

When they did Run it was out of this world, the crowd went wild afterwards and the reception they recieved once they finished that song. Even the lead singer was gob smacked at how amazing it was.

They are a must see band!

I saw them Sunday, and have seen them before at the O2, definitely one of my favourite bands to see live. Chasing Cars was my personal favourite, followed closely by Run... they actually were live on radio one about half hour ago doing Run, sounded awesome again. Cannot wait to see them at V.

I saw them Sunday, and have seen them before at the O2, definitely one of my favourite bands to see live. Chasing Cars was my personal favourite, followed closely by Run... they actually were live on radio one about half hour ago doing Run, sounded awesome again. Cannot wait to see them at V.

Have to agree Chasing Cars was pretty awesome. I also liked Hands Open, they were going mental when they did that one.

You know me and Snow Patrol! Was going to Dublin to see them but had to cancel. Never mind, next time!

Was also at the O2 last night Mr Ricey, standing about 6 people from the front, was a f**ckin awesome concert, they were right on the game!

Also, the warm up act Animal Kingdom were very good as well, didnt like Fanfarlo though, pompus bunch of knobs

Haven't had much time for them recently, but first saw them in 2001 supporting Ash, they were excellent... was well chuffed when they went big with Run because they had been a band I'd been following for years. They're great live.

Seen them 3 or 4 times before (one of which was in the cellar of a dingy Glasgow bar after their first label had dropped them). Sorry, but total sell-outs who jumped on the Coldplay bandwagon.

Get their first album (very hard to come about as I think their new record company didn't want the world to hear how good they USED to be) - that's what Snow Patrol should be like. Or seek out the only album by The Reindeer Section, this is Gary Lightbody out of Snow Patrol as well as a load of other famous Glasgow musicians.

I know music is a very personal thing, but I guess seeing Snow Patrol playing venues like the O2 bugs me. There are far more worthy & talented musicians who should get the chance to emulate their success. I guess again, in this modern world, it's an example of the public being led by the media into who they truly like.

Seen them 3 or 4 times before (one of which was in the cellar of a dingy Glasgow bar after their first label had dropped them). Sorry, but total sell-outs who jumped on the Coldplay bandwagon.

Get their first album (very hard to come about as I think their new record company didn't want the world to hear how good they USED to be) - that's what Snow Patrol should be like. Or seek out the only album by The Reindeer Section, this is Gary Lightbody out of Snow Patrol as well as a load of other famous Glasgow musicians.

I know music is a very personal thing, but I guess seeing Snow Patrol playing venues like the O2 bugs me. There are far more worthy & talented musicians who should get the chance to emulate their success. I guess again, in this modern world, it's an example of the public being led by the media into who they truly like.

Agree a bit, but no complaints with a band who had a pretty rocky upbringing chasing cars money, and Final Straw is a pretty decent album, although I'm much more of a fan of When It's All Over We Still Have To Clear Up. Their latter stuff has been pretty poor, but they're still a decent live band and without wanting to sound too snobby, I'm much more a fan of bands like Coldplay/Snow Patrol being 'big' as at least they generally have some musical and lyrical creativity, compared to a lot of the drossy 'indie pop' that's currently around

Agree a bit, but no complaints with a band who had a pretty rocky upbringing chasing cars money, and Final Straw is a pretty decent album, although I'm much more of a fan of When It's All Over We Still Have To Clear Up. Their latter stuff has been pretty poor, but they're still a decent live band and without wanting to sound too snobby, I'm much more a fan of bands like Coldplay/Snow Patrol being 'big' as at least they generally have some musical and lyrical creativity, compared to a lot of the drossy 'indie pop' that's currently around

I guess having been to 2 amazing gigs in the past couple of days also expalins my holier than thou resurrection in terms of music snobbery. For me, you cannot even compare Coldplay et al with bands such as Doves & TBR (but as I said earlier, it's a personal taste thing & that's why the music industry has proved so durable!)

Love the strikethrough too ;)

Jades Celebrity BB racist comments were no worse than Prince Harry's ill advised comments on his video diary yet that appears to have been forgotten about.

I saw Snowpatrol at Chinnery's in Southend just after Final Straw came out. That was a great show, intimate venue, great songs and some great banter from Gary Lightbody.

To be fair, im not the type to be led by the media when it comes to music (if you know my taste in music you could probably agree to that), and i had my doubts about how it was going to be, but it really was a truely awesome gig.

Has anyone seen them live before?

I went to see them last night at the o2 arena and I have to say they put on an amazing show. Great live music, great performers and the stage display was out of this world.

Snow Patrol have never been one of my favourite bands but that gig blew me away how amazing it was.

When they did Run it was out of this world, the crowd went wild afterwards and the reception they recieved once they finished that song. Even the lead singer was gob smacked at how amazing it was.

They are a must see band!
Nicely done...One of my fave bands but never seen them live!

Snow patrol have to be the most dismal, tuneless act on the planet.

The make Dido seem positively Hi NRG.

Was also at the O2 last night Mr Ricey, standing about 6 people from the front, was a f**ckin awesome concert, they were right on the game!

Also, the warm up act Animal Kingdom were very good as well, didnt like Fanfarlo though, pompus bunch of knobs

Couldn't agree more dave! Animal Kingdom were pretty awesome. That last song they did was brilliant. But as for ****farlo they were the biggest bunch of ***** ever. I still couldn't work out whether the thing playing the violin was a man or a woman!

just been doing a bit of research, and the last song by Animal Kingdom was called 'Chalk Stars', http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za48fgTR5zg appears to be quite popular with a certain Mr Lowe... whether that is a good thing or not i dont know, but it deserves publicity either way.

Darn straight about the violinist, i think it was a lass judging by when she sung on the penultimate song, but if it was a bird, she looked like a greasy teenage lad with bad hair in a barn dance shirt. Fanfarlo really summed up everything that is bad about music... terrible haircuts, bow ties, 'cool' trumpets and eukalalies!

I cannot wait to see these at V festival! I love them.

Got the Hundred Million Suns album, very good, so I bought Final Straw- which I think is even better.

Darn straight about the violinist, i think it was a lass judging by when she sung on the penultimate song, but if it was a bird, she looked like a greasy teenage lad with bad hair in a barn dance shirt. Fanfarlo really summed up everything that is bad about music... terrible haircuts, bow ties, 'cool' trumpets and eukalalies!

fanfarlo.jpg

I would (the girl obviously)

Back