• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So, could you manage without Facebook and/or Twitter?

Could you manage without Facebook and/or Twitter?

• Love them both, couldn’t live without them

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Not bothered with either

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • I would be lost without Facebook, don’t turn it off

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Twitter for me, there will be civil unrest if it goes

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Bart etc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
I’m not a big user of either, more of a lurker in the background when certain stuff is pointed out to me to look at. So how integral are they to your everyday life? Could you exist without them if they got turned off for security reasons, or something similar, as part of measures introduced after Paris?

Like them both, could survive without Facebook and would choose Twitter out of the two. Better for keeping up to date with news and things, Facebook is more of a boredom cure and random browsing.

Like them both, could survive without Facebook and would choose Twitter out of the two. Better for keeping up to date with news and things, Facebook is more of a boredom cure and random browsing.

Same with me. Flirted with sacking off Facebook because it can be quite annoying, but I have too many close family and friends on it and it is a good way to keep in touch.

Facebook is a necessary evil for me to keep in touch with friends and family, especially living so far away.

Much more of a Twitter fan though, but could I live without it? Absolutely. Surely anyone could if they had to?

I use both FB and Twitter to promote my music, but not for anything else. I used to use FB for staying in touch with friends/family but recently cocked it off as more often than not it left me feeling angry.

I use both FB and Twitter to promote my music, but not for anything else. I used to use FB for staying in touch with friends/family but recently cocked it off as more often than not it left me feeling angry.

be thankful mrsblue isnt a facebook friend. :winking:

Never used either. Am I missing much?

Can't comment on twitter but I was vocally Mr Anti FB before I emigrated. My love of FB waxes and wanes and I went 7 months this year without posting but messenger has proved invaluable as an alternative to Skype, Hangouts and all the other various Video conf media out there. Oh and the football team I play for does everything on FB and whatsapp.

FB can get irksome at times.

I love twitter, literally never off it, Use to use Facebook but not so much now.

Like most others use FB to keep in touch with family both here & abroad, and Twitter for news/SUFC updates.

Back