• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ramsdenblue

First XI⭐
I was standing in the que to take my son swimming lessons, wearing my Southend shirt, When a big Irish man walked out of the que 2 infront of me, walked over to me and said "bloody great game that Man U V Southend". I agreed, and we discussed further the game.

Then out of the blue he said that he has got the actual ball that that Freedy Eastwood put into the back of the goal.
Me being very sceptical enquired how, he said he knows Steve Tilson very well, as he used to play foe him at Canvey Island, he said he was at the game, when steve handed him the ball.

The man could see i was looking not convinced, called his wife over, and asked her who's ball he has in his garage, she replied Freddys ball.

Now looking a bit more convinced, he said, if you are here next week i will bring it in for you, you can have it, as its just sitting in my garage.

Am looking forward to next week now, is it signed, is it the ball in question, or just some dodgy old ball his son has found and is jusy playing a joke, who knows.

Tilson's apparently working in his shop in Eastgate, you could always go and check the truth of that story with him.

Even if true I would must I am afraid put a downer on your excitement by suggesting that it will not be the goal Freddy planted in to the Man U net. In those days we had Clarkie in our team and although he had many qualities his 'passing' was not one of them so I reckon that the actual ball is resting in a water butt at no. 65 Shakespeare Drive.:smile:

Back