• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So how much did the trust raise?

Has the trust said how much was already in their fighting fund yet? For me, that's the £660,000 question...

would be an idea for the trust to lay off Ron for not getting back to them. As we all know he will be extremely busy in the next few days, let him get on with saving the club, when there is something concrete to say he will say it.

Pubey,
I agree and whatever it is it's clearly not enough to take on the current debt(s)which as others have said are the sole responsibility of RM and SUFC.

I never expected it to be anywhere near the amount required. However my understanding (and happy to be proved wrong) was that the trust was formed to build up a fighting fund so that the club could be supported if we went into administration, or had serious financial issues that could end the club. If I'm correct that this was the aim, then as a supporters trust, they should be open with the fans and members with how much as so far been raised

I never expected it to be anywhere near the amount required. However my understanding (and happy to be proved wrong) was that the trust was formed to build up a fighting fund so that the club could be supported if we went into administration, or had serious financial issues that could end the club. If I'm correct that this was the aim, then as a supporters trust, they should be open with the fans and members with how much as so far been raised

Which they have been as you can see from the total on the website.

i mean the total amount since the trust began, which I can't find (please point me in it's direction if it's on the site)

I've asked this question too. As a trust member I have always found it slightly puzzling that the fighting fund total never seems to be announced. Happy to be corrected and pointed at the information, though.

I heard it reached over half a million, but it has since been empted to pay for a Ronin style attempt on RM's life. The bullet ricocheted off his perfectly formed bouffant and hit James Walker square in the chest, perforating his pacemaker.

They are not announced but if you'd attended last years AGM you'd have heard the amount being held in account from the treasurers report, as indeed you'll be able to do this year if you attend the forthcoming AGM on Thursday 12th November. Failing that I'm sure the treasurer would be able to furnish you with the information you want by dropping him an email.

This sounds on the money to me.I've been told that there will be a Trust statment update later this week which will hopefully go a long way to clarifying the situation.
We really need to know how much the Shrimpers' Trust "warchest" contains.

Last edited:
This sounds on the money to me.I've been told that there will be a Trust statment update later this week which will hopefully go a long way to clarifying the situation.
We really need to know how much the Shrimpers' Trust "warchest" contains.

more than the one RM promised! ;)

No, less than the one promised ... more than the one delivered.

although did he ever say how much was in it, just there was one. we have yet to find the money or the treasure chest. do we need Anneka Rice to help us?

really surprised that 6k was raised. great achievement imo. didn't think it would be anywhere near that. well done to every involved.

The money raised was great, and it showed a real fighting spirit amongst supporters.

I do wonder though what the actual benefit of it is.

£6000 in the big sheme of things isnt going to be of much of use in any situation so isnt it just a bit futile?

Not trying to be disrespectful as obiously people made a big effort to raise the money and people dug into their pockets to donate and the dedication was great to see.

I just wonder what the expectation is and what that money could ever be used for as the Trust wont be bailing out too much with 6 grand in the bank ?

Best bit of it for me was my dad asking who Cricko was, then asking how old he was and when I said he was 29 he said but he looked about 50! :p

Back