• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hardly worth the premiershite players getting out of bed for. Divide that £1.8m for winning the final between the 16 of them and that's not even a weeks pay for some of them.

so if we beat Brentford (big IF a I'm sure they will want revenge for JPT) we would have earn £112,500 just from the FA Cup payout? - that will certainly help the club out!

dividing £1.8m between 16 players is £112,500 - there aren't many premiership players earning that to be fair! i don't reckon the players will see any of it, maybe they will get an extra win bonus on top of there already monstrous wage but wouldn't see that money surely!??

Surely this emphasizes the need for a wage cap. X amount for League 2 clubs, a little higher for L1 and so-on. It amazing that SUFC or any professional team can survive when income generated from a game barely covers the wages of the players.

The top 4 or 5 in the Prem can survive on big overdrafts and super-rich chairman, but L2 teams???

Surely this emphasizes the need for a wage cap. X amount for League 2 clubs, a little higher for L1 and so-on. It amazing that SUFC or any professional team can survive when income generated from a game barely covers the wages of the players.

The top 4 or 5 in the Prem can survive on big overdrafts and super-rich chairman, but L2 teams???

There is one already ?

The cap stops you spending more than you earn, but its clearly flawed as teams are still skint, yet imagine what they would be like without it.

There is one already ?

The cap stops you spending more than you earn, but its clearly flawed as teams are still skint, yet imagine what they would be like without it.

Yes there already is one. I believe it is something like 60% of turnover can be spent on wages, but turnover isn't evenly spread through the year, as some months income might be low due to a small amount of home games.

It would have been a good idea to keep the tea bar open a little longer last night rather than pull the shutters down just after the second half kick off. It was freezing there last night and I could have done with a hot chocolate midway through the second half. and then we went to ET.
There were still plenty of people around and given the coldness of the night reckon they could have sold lots more hot drinks.
All the pennies add up

Steve Kavanagh I think said recently that average spend per person on catering was 98p. That's £3k from last night out of which you'd need to pay for the food, cardboard plates/plastic forks/cups etc, the catering staff. Every little helps (or is that Asda) but it's not exactly lucrative.

What it will help with (assuming anyone actually gives us credit) is cashflow.

I suspect we sold more tea, hot chocolate and pies than normal. In fact I was worried that I would have to be drinking Bovril at one stage

You have to remember that when Carlisle made the final they played Southampton, as I took my son.
They took about 40,000 fans and carlise took about 5,000.
So, it depends on who the teams are and what sort of following they have, plus the interest in this competition.
i will also add that I went to both our JPT Finals in Cardiff and would love us to get to Wembley, Come on you Blues!!

You have to remember that when Carlisle made the final they played Southampton, as I took my son.
They took about 40,000 fans and carlise took about 5,000.
So, it depends on who the teams are and what sort of following they have, plus the interest in this competition.
i will also add that I went to both our JPT Finals in Cardiff and would love us to get to Wembley, Come on you Blues!!

That Southampton v Carlisle JPT final crowd was much higher than 45,000 was it not about 75,000? I think Carlisle must have taken more than 5,000.

Gate for that Saints v Carlisle final was given as 73,476. Apparently Carlisle made £350,000 from their run in the competition.

Back